My husband and I stayed at this hotel from July 5 through July 11 2013. This was in the middle of the summer so I will address the air conditioning first. The air worked perfectly in our room. We never had a problem cooling off the room after a long day in the sun. We stayed in the honeymoon suite room400 on the adults-only side.
The hotel was quiet until around 7 or 8pm. Then the hotel next door would turn on their music. We could hear it in our room. The music was loud enough that we could hear it but not loud enough that we could not sleep through it. They turned down the music promptly around 10pm each night.
Our room was right outside the patio of the Mayan Bistro. This was a perfect location because we could us the free wifi from the restaurant. The hotel wifi did not work in our room.
The only flaws of the hotel were the bathroom and the bed. Yes the bed was firm; too firm for my liking. After day three I began to have lower back pains. I have never had back pains before. The bathroom had a pony wall. So you already know if someone had to “use” the bathroom the person in the bedroom would suffer. We knew this beforehand and used scented spray. However no one wants to “hear” another person using the bathroom
Even with those two things said, I would stay here again. The workers at the hotel were the best. Very helpful and polite. They even booked an excursion for us when our original company did not show up. I will recommend this hotel to all my friends.
Their are only a handful of English channels but we never had a problem finding something to watch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through our website. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen