Having visited over 20 resorts in the Riviera Maya area, mostly all-inclusives of varying levels, we decided to try a few nights "off the beach" in a smaller, boutique hotel. So glad we picked the Aventura Mexicana.
This is the essence of friendly, welcoming, efficient staff. Simple clean accommodation, with all most people need. Bed was hard, but no problems sleeping. Free wifi available round the pool, at Mayan Bistro and lobby - and we even managed to get it in our room near the adult pool.
The wonderful, tropical landscaping and the little pools with loungers, make the bustle of Playa seem far away. There is access to two beach clubs - Indigo, which is free and Kool which gives a 10 peso discount for AM guests and cost us 70 pesos each. The AM provides beach towels. We preferred the location of Kool. Both are over 10 mins walk away. Be warned - food and drinks at each are not cheap....
We took advantage of the VIP all-inclusive plan for the days we were there and it was such good value - The Mayan Bistro prepares such great food, fresh, hot and tasty and the cocktails were made with premium liquor and delicious (think real coconut shreds in your Pina Colada:):)
Andy was very quick in answering queries before our trip and in granting room request. All the staff are very service oriented and eager to please. There were quite a few repeat guests when we were there and I can see why:):) Very social place too.
Gracias to all at AM!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through our website. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen