Aventura Mexicana is a centrally located hotel, in a nice part, off of 5th Avenue (the main pedestrian street). The guys (and they are all men) at the reception are very kind and helpful especially Luis Ortize, the guest services rep. The price is good for the quality of hotel - it seems fair, and if you are staying long-term be sure to negotiate the rate. Another plus, is that the hotel staff are friendly to children.
The people at reception make the hotel what it is. Otherwise we are not sure it will get the reviews it gets. Americans seem to overwhelming dominate in terms of visitors and senior managers - lots of gringo ladies around for yoga too which increases the traffic. May also explain so many trip advisor reviews. Perhaps it is merited, perhaps not.
We found the free breakfast limited (e.g. toast, watery juices, and nescafe coffee). The food at the restau is good, but always consistently good and it can take a long time to get room service, as some staff prioritize in restau eating. Restau waiters also seem preoccupied with propina (tips) which can be quite annoying at times esp if all you want to grab is a coke.
Room itself is simple, which is good. The mexican ceramics in the bathroom is nice and adds a touch of character to the place. Our room had no balcony (and we were ok with this, as they do not seem safe). The water pressure is lousy and it usually has hot water, but not always. Flat screen tv and selection is adequate. The microwave, fridge and water were also nice extras.
The family pool is in a high traffic area with lots of workmen lurking around pool area and it can be noisy, and not very relaxing. Pool needs renovating, as paint flakes are coming off, also it needs to be cleaned, and chlorine added regularly.
If the family pool is too crowded as there are lim chairs, one can go to the beach.The hotel has an arrangement (you pay a reduced fee) with a few nearby beach clubs, Kool, is by the far best one because the beach is nice.
Overall, a nice place to stay. It is not a stand out hotel but for the price one can be comfortable enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen