This is a charming hotel that has a perfect location, friendly and helpful staff and is very clean. This is not your typical all inclusive generic American style hotel. If you want the chain hotel experience, this is not for you. The rooms are entered via a sliding doorwall that has a key lock. The bathroom has a 3/4 wall partition and no door. There is a coffee maker, small fridge, microwave and a small cruise ship style safe with a key lock. The bed was very firm but comfortable. a ceiling fan and individual room air conditioning allows for complete temperature control. Hot water is scarce during peak periods, but luke warm is OK for us. We were on the third floor and a mobility impaired person could not manage the 35 steps. The pools were very clean and well maintained and the grounds are beyond compare. You are literally steps from 5th avenue with all of the restaurants and shopping. Louis Ortiz is the best concierge for booking excursions, restaurant reservations and any information you require. Many thanks to Louis (we really loved the fantastic Valentine's evening reservation you secured for us at Alux) and the staff for their kindness and excellent service. Although this hotel was not the ocean front luxury style hotel we usually choose, we were very comfortable and enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen