I just got back from my one week stay here with my sisters. I thought I would let everyone know how it went. It is very beautiful inside. It felt like home. It is very quiet and you have tons of privacy. There are two pools, one in the family area and one in the adult area. There isn't much difference between the two but the shape. They are pretty much the same depth. The families with young children stay in the family side, while most of the couples stay on the adult side close to the mayan bistro. It is literally 1 minute away from 5th Avenue. I personally dislike 5th because there aren't many authentic shops. A lot of them are things I could find back home. The continental breakfast is boiled eggs, fruit while it lasts (usually apples left is you come too late), orange juice, fresh orange juice, water, coffee, toast, mini cereal boxes, baked breads (coconut and carrot), sometimes there is granola and yogurt and anything else on the menu which you must pay for. Everyone who works here is very welcoming, nice and sweet. I especially loves the Mayan Bistro in the hotel. It is sometimes very empty, but don't let that intimidate you. You will receive the best service possible. They are so genuine and friendly. Nicolas and his daughter Gaby are wonderful. The cat that lives at the hotel, Olivia, is extremely adorable and small. Luis, the guest services manager seemed really nice, although he kind of disappeared the last few days of my stay. I hardly saw him. To be honest, he wasn't that helpful. There is usually someone at the desk, if not, they are in the back room. We also bought round trip transportation from the hotel. We got picked up by Raul at Cancun airport. He was very helpful and have us a lot of great information. He didn't know I understood Spanish. I over heard him calling women on the street ugly while we drove through traffic. I do believe he was supposed to bring us back as well, but he didn't show up. We had a different man come last minute. Not sure if that was an accidental mix up or if they are very unorganized. The maid we got was Josefa and she did an amazing job. The room was always clean and fresh when we got in with very cute towel animals. The hotel is very safe and cleaned constantly. Our room did have a slight odor in the closet. The live music did keep me up since we were in the family section, close to where they have the market in the morning and live music at night (every few days). I didn't check out the yoga or the spa. There is so much more I could say about this cute little hotel. I will definitely try to come back. I love Playa del Carmen. It's an amazing place with lots to do, great food and amazing people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen