“PLAYA WE MISS YOU :)”
Review of Aventura Mexicana

Aventura Mexicana
Ranked #25 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great romantic hotel in a super location, where we were welcomed with a smile. They made us feel very comfi and were very helpful in making us feel at home. When we walked in the room, we were welcomed with soft music. Both the room as the surroundings were very cozy. The hotel is a very cute boutique hotel , 2 min walk to 5th Ave THE main street, which comes with a very friendly staff. Everyone was very friendly and Luis is THE perfect person to help you with scheduling tours. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Highly recommended without a doubt.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms in this wonderful hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank angelfun2002

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We spent 8 days at the Aventura Mexicana in Playa del Carmen in early May for our dive vacation. We chose this hotel from positive feedback from prior customers, the pictures online, being able to walk to Tank-Ha Dive Center for our diving and the fact that we were walking distance to everything else. Our room was a junior suite with a king size bed, which comes with a sitting area and efficiency kitchen (sink, small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, dishes and flatware). Our room also had a 5 gallon jug of filtered water on a dispenser stand and a safe to lock up valuables.

We arrived prior to check in and before our room was available, so the hotel kept our luggage in the management office while we went to lunch and walked around. The Mayan Bistro restaurant is on the hotel property, so we had lunch there which we had awesome fish tacos. The bistro also provides a continental breakfast each morning to the hotel guests. The breakfast was pretty simple; toast, cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, flavored bread, coffee and juices. They have a breakfast menu for anyone that wants something heartier and for the hotel guests that purchased the all-inclusive package.

When we came back to check in, the hotel staff had kindly taken our luggage and put it in our room for us. When we went to our room, we were pleasantly surprised. Our room was 402, which is a bungalow on the terrace sundeck. This was separate structure from all of the hotel rooms. We also had our own private patio area, which was great.

As soon as we got in our room we turned on the air conditioner, which never cooled the room. The hotel brought us two fans to help circulate the air. A couple of days later, they replaced the air conditioner, which worked very well.

The hotel property is beautiful with lush tropical plants. There are two pool areas; adult pool and family pool. Both areas seemed to stay rather quiet. As we were in PDC to scuba dive and spend time at the beach, we only visited the adult pool briefly one afternoon.

Overall this was a great hotel with a great staff. We would stay at Aventura Mexicana again.

Room Tip: Room 402 is a great bungalow away from the other rooms.
1  Thank Jewel K
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Had a few small issues, the AC went out, the 2nd day, so they moved us to another room, gave us a choice between two. It turned out the we ended up with a nicer room than we had to begin with, that is always a plus. Was not too much of a hassle, just packed up and they moved our luggage. Then the cable was out for 3 days, kinda like to catch a little news before bed. We we checked out they apologized again, and gave us a pretty nice credit for the "inconvenience" of moving rooms. The cable problem was in the street. The concierge was always helpful, answering questions and all of the staff really were friendly and helpful. They did a nice job!! Only issue was pretty common for Mexico, the beds are rock hard....true for any hotel I have stayed in here in Playa.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Aventura Mexicana is a gem. We found it affordable, convenient, and a real beauty of boutique
hotel which was a place of calm and charm but still only a block away from the bustle of Playa's 5th Ave shopping/eating strip. Nice small pools, great landscaping and a wonderful and fairly priced Mayan Bistro restaurant serving 3 meals daily. Most of all we loved the staff. All were competent, attentive and very friendly & helpful. I would highly recommend this great little hotel.

Room Tip: We loved the section of rooms surrounding the adults only pool but anywhere would be fine
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JKucij
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My mother and I just got back from Playa after spending 7 nights at this beautiful boutique hotel and we were really sad to leave(May 2-9). I have been to Playa on 4 other occasions and I am a huge fan of the smaller boutique hotels verses the huge all inclusive resorts. The difference between this hotel and the other one I use to stay at was it offers a VIP All Inclusive which is very rare for a boutique hotel. As it was my mothers first trip to Mexico, I really wanted her to have a stress free stay and our stay at Aventura was that indeed. From start to finish of our holiday this hotel and restaurant provided a perfect stay! The rooms were cozy and clean, ours #2101 was only 3 steps from the pool. The AC worked perfect-cool and quiet, flat screen television, table and two chairs both inside and out on our poolside patio.We never had any noise issues, it's hard to believe in fact as this hotel is just a short walk to the busy pedestrian only 5th ave and our jungle like botanical garden setting was a calming oasis.Rob the manager helped answer all my questions prior to booking and I was so impressed with his outstanding customer service that I took him and the hotel staff a few gifts to show my appreciation. Rob took the time to ask us more than once if there was anything we needed during our stay. The front staff at the hotel reception were friendly and welcoming, answering all our questions and provided us with everything we needed-many thanks to Luis,Jose,Antonio,Beto,Pepe and the rest of the front end staff. All of the staff are warm and friendly and they are always busy cleaning, answering questions, gardening and maintaining the hotel to a very high standard.

The Myan Bistro(hotel restaurant and bar) was simply fantastic. From the Mexican/Italian menu, the wait staff and cooks to the food and beverage manager, everything about this restaurant and bar was a 4+ star out of 5. My mother and I ate there everyday as we opted for the VIP all inclusive and it was undoubtedly a great decision! We tried many many dishes from there wide selection menu and every meal was perfect. The wait staff are very friendly and professional and provided 5 star service at every sitting. The wait staff also answered any questions and took care of any special food request such as less spice for my mothers meals or when it came to my minor onion allergy. I did my apprenticeship as a chef when I was younger and have eaten in many restaurants and hotels, as far as the quality of the food goes I would have to say the restaurant is a very consistent 10 out of 10. The chicken alfredo was incredible, my mother indulged in the fresh jumbo shrimp more than once, and even there homemade hamburgers and fresh salads for lunch were simply delicious. I also had there homemade pizza twice during our stay and it is the best thin crust pizza I have ever had.
On our last day of our stay I asked the food and beverage manager if I could go into the kitchen to thank the chef and cooks personally and shake there hands, I was so impressed by the consistent quality that I felt the kitchen staff needed be thanked in person, it's one thing to have a great meal at a restaurant but to have 21 meals that were consistently fresh and deliciously tasting with great portions is something rare in many restaurants these days.
Many thanks to Nico,Gabby,Dora,Candy,Sarah,Rob,Jorge,Christopher and the rest of the restaurant and kitchen staff for providing us with a terrific dinning experience! The bar had all the premium brands of liquor that you could ask for and I must say there margaritas are the best I have ever had in Mexico! My mother also enjoyed the fresh strawberry daiquiris and pina colada's immensely and she rarely drinks back home.

Luis, there guest services manager provides any information regarding trips and tours. Even though I had vacationed in Playa many times in the past and had some idea as to how I was going to show my mother around, Luis helped in many aspects of our stay. He arranged any transportation that we needed, planned a few trips that were perfect for our stress free stay, and gave us tips on where to buy specific items, he really takes the time and care to arrange trips and tours that suit individual needs.

As far as amenity's go, this boutique hotel offers much the same as a larger hotel, minus nightly shows or kids entertainment. It has two small pools(one kids/one adult) that provide enough room to swim and cool down, a hot tub, spa, restaurant and bar, popular yoga and kava lounge, many lounge beds to tan or relax in the shade, full guest services and a staff that are so warm and welcoming that make you feel like you are in a paradise home away from home.

Simply put this is a beautiful boutique hotel and wonderful restaurant that I would recommend to anyone who wants the charm of a small boutique hotel that offers an amazing all inclusive package with pretty much most of the amenity's that a larger hotel offers. I will be returning to this oasis in the future without a doubt. Many thanks to Rob and all his wonderful staff for a truly fantastic stay in Aventura Mexicana.

Rich/Margaret
Vancouver, Canada

Room Tip: Our room 2101 was facing the inner courtyard, steps from the pool, close to reception and clean and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rich W
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here for 8 days at the end of April 2014. We are members of an all inclusive resort and wanted to try something a little more personable and quiet. Well, that's exactly what we got! Our room was on the ground floor (#1103) about 20 ft. from the pool and about 50 ft. from the Mayan Bistro (Excellent, by the way!). We never had any noise, except from the occasional loud muffler car passing the street. The room was spotless on arrival. AC worked perfectly and kept the room ice cold. Housekeeping was super all week. Room was spotlessly cleaned, amenities restocked and great towel art in the room everyday! Never a problem with water pressure and always had super hot water. Yes, as some reviews have stated, the beds are a little hard for our taste, but it never hindered our sleep. The hotel ground are incredible. There was always someone doing maintenance and landscaping while we were there. We wound up doing the all inclusive at the hotel after 2 days. After already having lunch there (Mayan Bistro) and then seeing what was on 5th Ave and surrounding areas, we decided the food was as good or better than anything else around. Plus the convenience of being so close, it was a no brainer. The food and service were excellent (See Mayan Bistro review). A continental breakfast comes with your room. There was 3 juices, coffee, toast, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, granola, fresh fruit, tea and sweet breads to choose from. There is also a full serve menu to choose from should you decide to go that route. Most days, the continental was fine for us, even tho we had the option of ordering off the full serve. All the staff we encountered at the hotel were great. The front desk was always helpful when we had a question of where the best atm's were, to local convenience stores, or simple directions. Everyone at the front desk spoke and understood English fine. Some people on here have made an issue of some of the restaurant and hotel staff not speaking perfect English. Folks, you are in Mexico!! You are visiting a different country...maybe you could try and learn some Spanish as they are trying to learn English! They appreciate the effort! We plan on making this a yearly stop now. Also, venture off 5th Ave for better bargains, food and culture.

2  Thank SamBeast
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 days with wife, my 3 year old and 1 year old .

Pros: 1.Location, close to everything within walking distance my kid enjoyed the walks. 2. The pool, clean and perfect temp to swim and relax. 3. Room 102, nicely situated and away from noise.

Cons. Continental breakfast, not the best, customer service as well. They only bring limited amount of food, fruit and hide most of the items. Very dissatisfied with service, for example I asked for coffee and they pointed to an empty coffee container, they made more but did not care to let me know when they had refilled
the coffee. Front desk can be rude at times with their response, just to get you out of their way. They should add a female representative, they seem to care more to help.

Over all it's a nice hotel,
Would I stay here again,maybe if they improve their breakfast menu and update their front staff customer service skills.

• Stayed: April 2014