This place was amazing. Very accommodating. Everything from start to finish was a breeze (even though I had a ton of questions). Unfortunately I only stayed for one day as we were scouting Playa Del Carmen for places to get married at. Since my fiance was away at a different resort I was by myself. I looked at several places in town since me being by myself for the day, I had the opportunity to do something us as a couple probably wouldn't plan on. I looked at several places in town over a few months planning. Boy am I glad I chose this place. I booked directly on the website. I dealt with Andy via email. He took a lot of time and answered so many questions. Very helpful. I wanted to stay at the adults side so he accommodated that request. Both sides of the property are very nice. I was surprised by all of the vegetation. The pool was also very nice. It stays pretty quite as far as I could tell (which is what I was looking for). The Mayan Bistro is connected to the adults side. I ate the crab tostadas (I think, or maybe they were tacos? I forget, we tried so many different things while we were there). Food was great. The staff from the owners and management, front desk, all the way to the Bistro were perfect (I rewrote this review so I could include the names of the people working the Bistro when I was there anyway. These "Behind the scenes" type folks need recognition too! Manuel, Erasmo, and Sebastian. Also my waiter Nicolas, who was nice enough to bring me a bite to eat at my room. I don't think you should expect that, my room was literally next door to the Bistro.) Extremely helpful. My fiance showed up the next day and the gentleman at the front desk knew who she was looking for by my name (My room was on the other side of the property and I wasnt expecting her quite yet.) Once she showed up Rob and Ann took us on a tour of what they could offer as far as wedding venues and such (this was completely impromptu, I mentioned it to Andy very shortly before I arrived and they obliged). I was shocked at how much they did for us. They showed us so many things, places, sharing ideas, things from past weddings. Their level of personal service is something you do not see that often. They were even nice enough to drop us off at our next hotel so we could check in while they held our bags until we could come back and get them later in the day. We still have not decided which place we are going to get married at, but if we don't do it here, we are 100% absolutely coming back! I'm secretly already planning a weekend trip here later this summer! One last thing. I failed to mention the room yet. I loved the room I stayed in. I thought it was spacious, plenty of furniture, and plenty of amenities I wasnt expecting. It had a small refrigerator, some dishes and silverware, a small stove top, and a large water cooler. I didn't really use any as I was there for only a night, but I thought it was very nice. Before I selected this property I read a few reviews complaining about the bathrooms and the beds. The bathroom was great, I had no complaints. Very big, well lit. I remember one review complaining of the "3/4 wall". I don't think it was quite 3/4 (I remember it being a bit more like 4/5), but I didn't mind it. My fiance came and checked it out and she thought the bathroom was very cool, very different from what we're used to but in a good way. My A/C worked just fine, and I had no major complaints with the bed (had so many pillows on it!) I wish I had photos but she had the camera the whole time. Lastly, I read a few complaints about the safe. I agree, the safe is smaller and not as sturdy as you like, but the bottom line is if you lock your door, nothing is going to happen. If someone is willing to smash the door in to steal something, I don't care how nice the safe is, they're taking it! And if you're worried about the staff stealing for some reason (which is preposterous), I don't think traveling is for you, especially abroad. At some point you have to let your guard down and enjoy life. I've stayed at many resorts, hotels, properties in this area and have never once had a problem. I would think the smaller the property the less likely something like that happens anyway due to the smaller staff, everyone knowing each other, ect. Anyway, if you have any questions you think I may be able to answer feel free to message me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through our website. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen