“Just perfect!”

Ranked #23 of 213 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
San Francisco, California
“Just perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Wonderful small hotel. Excellent service, beautiful grounds, close to everything yet away from the hustle and bustle! We stayed here for 5 nights and enjoyed it thoroughly!!! Upon arrival we were informed we had been upgraded to the junior suite, great start to our stay!! We had a great first floor room on the adult side of the hotel. It was wonderful to just open our door and be a few steps from the restaurant and the pool. Service was un-intrusive, yet present when needed, exactly how it should be!!

Nice amenities, a/c worked well, hot water, good water pressure, great pillows!!!! Would definitely stay here again on our next visit!

Thanks everyone for a wonderful stay!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

10 minutes to the beach, 1 minute to 5th avenue, though you may just end up staying within the hotel boundaries as the facilities and restaurant are so very good.

Hugely helpful staff, big clean rooms, very good value, and a great restaurant. Special praise to restaurant manager Christopher and to Nicolas for making us feel very welcome

Travelling as a couple in June 2014.

Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

we've been here for 5 nights. After are trip with stayings in "basic" places it was very nice to arrive here. excellent beds, excellent bathroom and there's even a water machine so you can fill up your own bottles.
the breakfast is ok but a bit more variety would be nice.
everything is very clean and a nice atmosphere inside the hotel.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

After reading all the positive reviews on here before booking/travelling I was not disappointed! The pool areas are beautiful, clean and quiet, I never had trouble getting a lounger and was often the only one in the pool. I ate in the restaurant often, whilst breakfast was basic the lunch and dinner menus were reasonably priced and everything I had was fresh and delicious! In terms of the rooms, as others state there was no door to the bathroom but as I was by myself this was fine - I did however get bitten a lot overnight despite always keeping doors/windows closed so would recommend a spray or plug in to avoid. The hotel team all knew me by name and were so friendly, helpful and happy to help I felt really welcome - Nicholas in particular in the restaurant was great. The beach club Kool is a short walk and I spent a few days here and loved it- although it was 50pesos (with the hotel discount) I thought it was easily worth it. Overall a great hotel, would recommend to anyone looking for a quiet oasis to relax in!

• Stayed June 2014
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I did an extensive amount of research on hotels in Playa, and it paid off. We were planning a wedding in Playa and wanted to provide our family and friends with two hotel options at different price ranges. We wanted to location, comfort, good, and a good atmosphere. Aventura met all that and more. Where do I begin? We have approximately 30 guest staying at the Aventura, and everyone absolutely loved it.

FOOD
Everyone raved about the food at the Maya Bistro, myself included. It was some of the best food we had in all of playa, try the Chef's Challenge for a yummy surprise. The service provided by Nicholas and his daughter Gaby was just amazing, they made us feel like we were home. Jorge the bartender is a master of his trade, watch out, the drinks are delicious and strong, ask for his cucumber special, I don't know what the drink was officially called but it was heaven! Also try some Kava, the Kasa Kava is located on the grounds of the hotel and have yoga classes in the mornings, and open up for Kava in the evening. We tried the Kava, and although not the most delicious drink in the world, it did have a soothing effect on us, and we slept for about 12 hours that night!

HOTEL/ROOMS
The hotel is well maintained, the grounds are beautiful, relaxing & quiet. The location is great , around the corner from Fifth Ave were all the action happens, and just a short walk from the beach. They provide free wifi, but who needs wifi when you are in such an amazing place? Since we had so many wedding guest stay at the hotel we got to see almost every room type. All the rooms were clean, and had everything you need, especially water. My husband and I stayed in the honeymoon suite for 6 days. When we arrived they had a beautiful flower arrangement, bottle of wine, and a huge and delicious fruit plate waiting for us! The honeymoon suite was great, spacious, and very comfortable, we loved it. They do not provide other amenities such as irons in the rooms, but they are available upon request. Overall our stay, as well as our guest's experience was incredible and unforgettable. It's not everyday you actually please all 30 people you are traveling with! I would recommend Aventura Mexicana to anyone traveling to Playa.

Room Tip: The Superior Rooms are significantly bigger, the double rooms are also very spacious and fit four pe...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank COSandra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I cancelled my lodging at an all-inclusive resort so that I could be close to town and be able to walk around, shop, and dine where I wanted to. I found this hotel after searching many properties and based on the reviews, I decided to book with Aventura Mexicana. The best decision ever! Truly an oasis! The staff treats you like royalty and always have a smile on their face. The grounds, the pools are beautiful. Most of all I enjoyed the peace and quiet and relaxation. The Mayan Bistro is great! The food presentation and taste was top notch. I stayed for 10 nights and wish I could have stayed longer. Special thanks to Andy for answering all of my questions before I booked. Can't wait to see you all again! -Thomas W.

Room Tip: Junior suites are the most roomy; yet cozy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Thomas W
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 6 days at the end of May for the 2nd time in two years. The first time we fell in love with this beautiful hotel and we booked again with no hesitation. The grounds are beautiful and are kept immaculate. The room we got on the 3rd floor was huge with a separate bedroom for our daughter and very quiet. It was cleaned spotless every single day by housekeeping. Breakfast is simple but was adequate for us.

I do have a couple of minor complaints this time. A few mornings, the breakfast attendants would be talking among themselves instead of making sure the guests were being taken care of. One day I even had to get up and ask for the "pan dulce", since it wasn't even offered to us (we tipped every morning). Another issue we had was that the taxis the front desk called a few mornings for us consistently overcharged us. For example, going to Puerto Morelos we were asked for $520 on the way there (ended up paying $450 after complaining) while we paid $400 on the way back. We mentioned this to the front desk, but they never got back to us. Also, going to Xel-Ha, the taxi company quoted them $585 (USD 45, this time we checked in advance) while we knew the correct rate was $450 (we ended up walking a couple of streets and catching a taxi by ourselves). I think these are issues that management could easily fix with a little bit of training and a serious conversation with their preferred taxi company.

Other than this, Aventura Mexicana remains our favorite spot in Playa del Carmen and we're looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family