“Great hotel”
Review of Aventura Mexicana

Aventura Mexicana
Ranked #26 of 214 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We are very satisfied of that hotel location is great service is excellent. We are here for a family trip and we really enjoy our time here. Continental breakfast is fresh, rooms are clean its a place to relax. Its also good for couples. Each day you can have a yoga class. I recommand this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sophie B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,866)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Second stay this year and better than the first time. Front desk crew (too many to name) are very helpful and can point you in the right direction for whatever you are looking for. Every afternoon, we spent a few hours with the family eating guacamole and having some drinks. Nicholas ( I sure hope I spelled that right) and Chris are awesome hosts and sure make the stay warm and very enjoyable. Don't miss out on this place!! We'll be back in November.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mike R
Reviewed 23 July 2014

On Friday when we checked into the hotel we had the most professional attendant to check us in. The facilities are very nice and clean. Although, to get to our room 1302, we had quite a hike because it was located on third floor the views are very nice from the balcony! On Saturday we went to the beach and when we came back there was a leak on the floor from the air conditioner and called it in and was fixed by the time we came back that evening. The free breakfast was very good, but since we were in Mexico, I always asked for the Chilaquiles or Desayuno Americano. On Monday, I was asked by the waitress if I wanted to leave the check amount to my room account for $135 pesos ($11USD) to my surprise, when I checked out yesterday, the nice guy who check us in, was not there and the guy that checked us out (rude) of the Hotel had a bad personality and wanted to charge me a bill of over $1,400 pesos (about $120USD). The attendant could not find the $120 receipt so he call the kitchen and had to talk to the chef! In the meantime I had told the attendant that I was headed to the airport and was in a hurry! This situation just gave me a bad feeling! I may possibly return, but will not charge anything!

Room Tip: Do not charge anything to your room! Please read my review!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mechicano
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We loved this little boutique hotel. The Restaurant was AMAZING!! Loved the food. Rooms were nice and clean. Pool was nice. Free breakfast was delicious. Location was good. I would return and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cris W
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Aventura is simple, peaceful, clean and friendly! Great staff who tended to our every need. It's not a fancy place but but very quaint. In walking distance to everything. Nice little bar. Two small swimming pools. They offer Yoga every morning for a *donation* . I think some rooms are better than others but ours on the 2nd floor was great! I can't say enough good things about the staff they were great and very friendly. Check in and out was quick and easy.
It's in walking distance to everything. I highly recommend it.
I will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a bathroom with a door if you like bathroom privacy and ask for a more updated room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Starlight11
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here in May, cannot fault a thing. Restaurant, rooms, pools, location etc was excellent. We loved it and would return...5nights just wasn't long enough. English speaking reception team helped though not expected, check in process fast and simple. We were left in privacy but enjoyed inspecting the awesome property as well.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Lina D
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My all time get away, the staff are like family. This is the most relaxing hotel, highly recommend, love you all. Enjoy everything about this hotel. Relaxing, low key, amazing grounds and staff. Close to town, can walk anywhere, beach club, was lovely, the staff is what makes this a home away from home. Give it a try, you will always return. can say enough about how wonderful this hotel is.

Room Tip: Bottom floor, honeymoon suite
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple