We spent a week at Aventura Mexicana based on all of the positive reviews on this site. It definitely lived up to its reviews. Our family stayed there along with our friends and their family as well as two other couples that we recommended it to. We were all very satisfied with the service and rooms. Our room was 2400, on the third floor above the reception area. It was huge! There was a very comfortable king bed, a table with four chairs, a leather couch/futon, which our son slept on and said it was very comfortable, and two leather chairs. There was also a fridge, microwave, dishes, and water cooler. It had a private bath (with a door) that had an awesome shower (see pic)! The only thing we missed not having was a balcony. We had a big window facing 24th St. and a smaller window facing the pool. The grounds of the hotel are kept immaculate and the pools were cleaned everyday, even though our kids were the only ones using them. The breakfast, although starting a bit late at 8AM, was continental. The OJ was the BEST! We ordered fruit, yogurt and granola each day and it was always fresh. For 40 pesos you couldn't beat it! I ordered scrambled eggs with bacon one day and they weren't very good. The bacon was just pieces of fat and the eggs were runny. I should've asked for them well done but forgot. Julio Cesar, our waiter most days was very personable and efficient. We never tried the restaurant for snacks or dinner because we always got back late from the beach and had our own drinks from our fridge. They give you beach towels that were always freshly washed and in good shape. The maids did a great job cleaning every day and always left us towel art on the beds. The wifi didn't work in our room, but my husband just sat in the lobby to check his email. The hotel computer was almost always in use, so it was nice to have our own laptop there. The hotel was completely full the week we were there but it never seemed crowded. We rented a car for the week and never had a problem with parking in a space right in front. We'll be back next year, for sure...it's in the perfect location for us and you can't beat the price with the internet discount.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen