My boyfriend and I stayed here for a couple of days in March 2009 and really enjoyed our visit. The staff is really helpful and friendly and the hotel itself has a relaxed vibe. I'm not a spring breaker kind of person, and this hotel was a good fit for my vacation: nice music and snacks at the "Mayan Bistro" (their restaurant), beautiful bougainvilleas and palm trees around the courtyard, nicely kept pools for taking a quick dip, and close proximity to a well-priced and fantastic massage ($30/hr at Spa Azul Maya!). The rooms are pretty big and have expected amenities: A/C, King bed, full bath, sliding patio doors and the location is great- a 5 min walk to the beach, where you can rent loungers at "Kool" (ask for coupon at the front desk) and all the restaurants and shops along 5th ave. Be sure to check out the cafes and restaurants a little outside the touristy area too. Quick Tip: grab snacks and water at the "MEGA" supermarket on Constituyente if you are taking day trips and want to save money! AWESOME PASTRIES!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through our website. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen