We stayed here last November and just got back from another 10 night stay.
There have been a few changes since the winter, like the addition of a PR guy in the lobby who was friendly and knowledgable and there is no longer a public computer which was dissapointing as it really came in handy when we were planning our days but we found an internet cafe just 2 blocks away that charged 20 pesos for 30 minutes which was fine. They also have new lounge chairs which were nice for hanging out by the pool.
Last time we had been upgraded but the hotel seemed to be pretty busy so we had a standard room this time. I knew the walls of the bathroom didn't go up to the ceiling however I was pretty surprised to see there is no door on the bathrooms in these rooms. Makes for very little privacy but we made it work. The safe in the standard room was also different from the deluxe rooms. Our safe was small and plastic and had a key. I prefer the ones in the deluxe rooms that are very heavy steel and have to combo.
The bed in this room was 100 times more comfortable than the last one... it was a different style bed frame and it had a sealy mattress top.
If you are worried about noise request a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Our window faced 10th avenue and although it wasn't super loud you could definitely hear cars going by.
The food was great and the continental breakfast is sufficient. The staff was friendly and the hotel itself is very clean and beautiful.
The location is in the very up and coming north end of town and suits us just fine. Very close to beach access and clubs and amazing restaurants and bars. (Try the 2X1 mojitos at La Hora Feliz on 5th about 2 blocks to your left when leaving the hotel and El Diaz for the best steak right near by).
All in all it was a great stay and we're looking to go back in November.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through our website. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen