This charming hotel is very conveniently located a block from Quinta Ave and 2 blocks from the beach. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We paid a little extra to get the private room, with it's own private sundeck, which was quite nice. Nothing super fancy, but worth the extra money to feel a little pampered and private.
Luis, the concierge, was extremely helpful and gave us good advice every step of the way. He managed to organize whatever we needed as far as activities went, which included renting a car, XPLOR and gave us good advice for a day trip to Cozumel.
For our first day at the beach, they pointed us towards a beach club that was quite nice and had a pool. The vibe was younger and very friendly.
The included breakfast is Mexican/continental, but they do have additional options available for more pesos, in case you're really hungry.
The only bad thing I can say is that there is a new hotel across the street with a club that has music going until the wee hours of the morning. This isn't a problem if you're up late or if your room is not near that new hotel, but would be annoying if you were a light sleeper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen