I was a little apprehensive prior to arriving at the hotel, the lack of a big pool had me worried...but once i arrived i knew we were going to love our stay here. Set in tropically landscaped gardens with flowers, waterfalls and boho chic features.
The front of house staff are friendly, personable and helpful, the mayan bistro cafe was our favorite breakfast haunt and the housekeepers did fantastic job throughout our 8 day stay.
The only thing i didnt love was the bathroom's layout, theres no toilet door to shut in the standard rooms so if you're a shy type you may want to ask your partner to go hangout on the porch or take the deluxe king room which appears to have more privacy ;)
The hotel is located in exactly the right spot off of 5th avenue to go to the better restaurants (not the overly touristy home from home places down) and right around the corner from a great tour booking company called Info Tours who'll go out of their way to find the perfect trips for you to go and discover Mexico on.
Marmitas beachclub is a 3-5 minute walk away and is 90 pesos a day (5 pounds) for 2 beds and an umbrella (that midday sun gets damn hot!) which is reasonable as then you get to use the bathroom and shower facilities and to order drinks and food to your beachbed. With white sand and turquoise water, it's pretty amazing.
There's tons of nightlife here too, but after a day exploring in the sun we had dinner and retreated back early most nights.
For all gym bunnies there's an amazing looking gym opposite the hotel that was always buzzing.
All in all we had a really great time in Playa del Carmen and in the Hotel Adventura Mexicana, and the next time we go to SE Mexico we'll absolutely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. THE VIP is only available through our website. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen