This hotel has very friendly staff. If you ask them something, they are immediately prepared to react and do what they can. Although Playa is extremely busy, the hotel has a serene atmosphere.
The restaurant of the hotel offers good food for lunch and dinner. Also the continental breakfast is nice with a good croissant.
The hotel in general is very clean and the rooms too. The rooms on the ground floor are very large and can be darkened really well throughout the day. This was very convenient for the naps of our one year old. Our bathroom was separated from the rest of the room (on the first floor it is not and these are also difficult to darken). Something you might need to mention when you book your room if you have a child that takes a nap!
There are 2 swimming pools: one for adults only and one with a part for little children. The shallow part is large enough for a one year old to play. Although there is no fence and there are stairs to deeper water, as a parent you need to be close anyway because even in shallow water little children can drawn.
There is also a 40 meter square covered area where our one year old run lots when it rained for instance.
Walking to the beach took us 8 minutes. Of course it would be much easier to stay at the beach but budget counts too.
In summary we had a great stay with our one year old in a clean ground floor room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aventura Mexicana - Your oasis of silence & beauty in the heart of Playa Del Carmen We're an American owned, top ranked TripAdvisor hotel & restaurant located just 1/2 block from Playa's popular 5th Avenue and 2 blocks from the beach! We're a friendly boutique hotel with lush, tropical courtyards and waterfalls, 2 swimming pools and 3 sundecks. Guest rooms feature 1 King bed or (2) Queen beds, inroom wi/fi, air conditioning, flat screen TVs, phones, private bathrooms and most rooms have balconies or verandas. Our hotel amenities include our Mayan Bistro (TripAdvisor top ranked casual restaurant / bar), free cooked-to-order breakfast, free wi/fi, free parking, beach club access, discounted gym passes and spa services. Our Guest Services manager is a tour and transportation expert and can answer all your questions about the area! Our Mayan Bistro offers breakfast, lunch, dinner & room service and THE VIP. THE VIP is our all inclusive option with fresh, made to order gourmet food and premium beer, wine and cocktails. Come have a wonderful vacation with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aventura Mexicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Mexicana Hotel
- Aventura Mexicana Playa Del Carmen
- Aventura Mexicana Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen