Instant relaxation! When we walked into the open lobby with the zen pool garden beyond it was like being in paradise. I have never seen so many lounging areas in a resort in my life! There were large sofa areas with big pillows, cabana beds, large chairs everywhere in this sprawling complex. La Esmeralda is the family side of this complex with shared facilities dividing this from La Perla, the adults only side of the resort. The common area consists of the many wonderful restaurants and lounges the resort has - some for families and some adults only. It is a nice set-up altogether. The family pool area has a large pirate ship on one end with slides and on the other end a giant blow up raft on the end near the swim up bar - what a great idea - mom and dad can supervise their kids in the pool while sitting in the water at the bar just a few feet away. The adults only pool also has a swim up bar - no toys - but some water aerobics at certain times of the day. The beach is just a short walk over a boardwalk surrounded by natural foliage. Unfortunately you can not see the beach or the ocean from the resort, but there are lots of loung chairs and cabanas down at the beach too. During our stay it was too windy for the beach so we stayed around the pool and received great service all day. The food at this place is incredible (and I am a food snob). I have never had such great food at a resort. While we did not take advantage of special services in the spa we did use the steam room, sauna and spa pools. Again the spa area had three day bed cabanas that you could hang out in.
All-in-all this was a very nice place for total relaxation. The nuevo-tech music that played most of the time got to me - I think they had the same girl singing every song. I would have liked to hear some carribean, latin or regge music to liven up the pool area. This also being a very new resort could use some polishing on the training of its employees (many of whom did not speak english) for a bit more attention to small details. All of the staff, though was friendly and helpful.
I am not sure I would come back here (or anyplace I had to fly into Cancun as that was a total cluster f.... - they need some serious help at that airport) as it is very expensive and there is no place else to go as you are in the barrios away from the downtown area. We were told that you could walk the beach to town (about a half hour walk), but otherwise, the only way to get anyplace is by cab, which is very expensive. This would be a better place with a large group, such as a wedding or family reunion if you could afford it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Melia, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Mexico/Riviera Maya