I have just returned from a 14 day stay at Paradisius La Esmeralda. We are members of Club Melia and stayed in a one bedroom suite. There were only two of us on the trip so the room was quite adequate, even spacious. The resort is very well laid out and we found sufficient activities to make our extended stay pleasant.
The food, as many have said, was excellent. We did not visit the extra fee, Passion, restaurant but all of the others had a varied menu and excellent food. The drinks were also of good quality and plentiful and although we are not wine connoisseurs, we found the included wine list to be very good.
The highlight of the trip was the staff. Without exception every member was friendly and responsive which made our vacation. I want to cite Enrique and Rafael at the Hadar restaurant as being outstanding with their friendly service every morning during their stay. I wish to make special note of Lolita of the Club Melia office who was invaluable in helping us work out a problem with an upcoming vacation trip and whose attitude and spirit were outstanding.
As others have noted the beech is narrow, and a major portion is virtually unusable because of rocks. The ecologically maintained mangrove section between the resort and the beech does shelter mosquitoes but we only had difficulties with them on one evening after a day of rain and the staff at the restaurant furnished repellent helped both us and them survive the evening.
I enjoyed the resort very much, would definitely go again.
Roy and Leonida from Maryland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Melia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Mexico/Riviera Maya