My husband and I along my son and his family and a family friend recently visited the Paradisus La Esmeralda. It is the most beautiful new resort and have so many pleasant and helpful people employed at this resort. The experience started out being a quite disappointing. Since we were traveling with four small children we requested to have our three rooms side by side. After checking in we were anything but. One on the first floor and two spread out on the second. When we questioned we were told the resort had no suites like ours that were side by side and if we checked back the next day they would see what they could do. We were working with a young lady by the name Biely at the reservation desk. She seem to have an attitude from the moment we questioned our suite locations and we could tell she was going to be anything but helpful. My son contacted our travel agent and she called the resort to speak with Biely about the situation. Biely told our agent we were being very demanding and wanted our suites all on the first floor. This was not at all the case. We just wanted to be together no matter what floor. After two days of discussing the situation with Biely my son contacted the resort manager. After telling him how rude and how unwilling she was to help with our suites we were moved and upgraded to three swim up suites all next to each other.
A great man by the name of Hiliberto was so helpful making our room change. He made things so easy for our group. During our stay we had an awesome pool waiter by the name of Luis. We had Luis everyday and he always was so pleasant and couldn't have been anymore accommadating. He also catered to our young children's needs for different foods and drinks.We at times also had a pool waiter named Augustin that was also very helpful. We had a young man by the name of Henry that did housekeeping. He always made a point to talk with you to see how your trip was going. Henry actually knew all of our children by name. If you needed anything he was right there to do it for you. Our entire group was so happy with all of the restaurants and the variety of foods offered. The restaurants were so accommadating with reservation times for our young children.
This would be a great resort to visit if something would be done to correct the attitudes of the employees at the reservation desk. That was the only negative things I've read reviews about and experienced at this resort. Would probably visit again if someone else would do my check in. Never been so frustrated on my many trips around the world!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Mexico/Riviera Maya