My family of 3 stayed in La Esmeralda on November-December, 2012 and had fantastic time there! Our room was a luxury suite ocean view family concierge and it could not be better! Our 5 yo girl had a great sleeping area in the main room and even a separate washing facilities. We really enjoyed the jacuzzi at the balcony too. It was our first time in All Inclusive and we found it very convinient in such a place as Playa Carmen - far from regular restaurants of Cancun. The beach is nice and divided into two parts - family and adults - great idea! If I were the hotel management, I would try to clean the beach from underwater stones and woods - be careful at some places when entering water. We preferred to swim at the end of the family area where beach was cleaner. There is only one heated swimming pool and fortunately it was for family concierge rooms, so, we used only that one. All other pools were too chilly for late November. There is a huge parking lot at the entrance and we never had a single rpoblem with parking our car - another good point. I expected more from the Kids Playground. Once we went there with my kid and there was not much to do for toddlers. I think it might be a good idea to add some equipment for smaller kids too - like a sand pit and a couple of slides and swings. The hotel provides a neat bracelet for idification, which we really liked and weared it for almost a month, even after check-out. All staf was friendly and attentive, sometimes even more that we needed. In general, it a great place and we looking forward to staying there or a similar Paradisus soon again. By the way, they say this year a brand new Paradisus should be opened in Costa Rica. Good news. A new destination for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Mexico/Riviera Maya