My first stay at a Paradisus Hotel was in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. It was the best experience I've ever had. So I've decided to pick Paradisus again. This time I've brought 10 friends with me. Boy was I wrong about them this time. The front desk is the most important part of the business, and the staffs in this particular hotel have no clue how to treat their guests. I was there last week, and on our arrival, non of our rooms were ready, plus we had to wait 3 hours. It took the reception girls a while to come to a conclusion on what to do with us. We were waiting around with no one to offer us anything to drink, no apology, no nothing. Then they finally decided to offer us a room upgrade for the unpleasant experience. So we just put all the unpleasant experience aside and cooled off with a Margarita. Our stay there was amazing, staffs were excellent throughout the hotel, Guess Services were helpful, and so was our Butler. But our trip just had to be RUINED ON OUR LAST DAY AT CHECK OUT AGAIN!!! During our stay, we had order several bottles of Moet Champagne and paid for all of them in full with cash. One night we ordered 3 Moet bottles for my engagment proposal party on the beach with a table set up package. All of which was also paid for in full with a receipt. But at check out, we were forced to sign and pay AGAIN. I pulled out my receipt showed that everything was paid in cash. I was told they have no record of it, I would have to go find my butler myself, find guess services and get them to settle it for me. I had never encounter such terrible service in my life, especially from a 5 star hotel. To make matters worst our bus ride to the airport was waiting for us, but they eventually left because our check out was taking too long. I no longer could handle arguing with the reception girl, so I asked her to call a Manager to handle the situation, no one showed up. We were stranded, being accused for not paying, and it seems no one cares. Eventually they got hold of my Butler, who was our only proof that we paid for everything. When they figured out they were at fault we still got no apology, no nothing, not even arrangements to get to the airport. In short, no guest should ever have to be put in a situation where they have to defend themselves for an hour over non sense at a 5 star hotel!!!!! We almost miss our flight and have to pay out of our own pocket for a taxi because the front desk was giving us a hard time. When we pay for a 5 star, and spend more money for bottle services we expect optimal customer service, which we did not get. Never coming back again!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Melia, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, HRS, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Mexico/Riviera Maya