We travelled May 19-26 with a 3 & 1 year old. We travel about twice a year and this by far has been one of the best resorts we have stayed at. We initially stayed at the Paradisus Cancun but was asked whether we would like to Transfer to La Esmeralda we had spent 4 wonderful days in Cancun and thought it was a good idea for a different scene. We are so glad we did!!! Because comparing properties and rooms there was no comparison. The only noticeable difference was that cancun pays extreme attention to detail and make a genuine effort to engage you service wise ......personalized attention. In playa la Esmeralda they are extremely kind and nice as well but there is a subtle difference. Juan our pool concierge and patty our butler was Fab in cancun. in playa We paid for family concierge and stayed in a Master 1 bedroom suite ( gorg..like a 1 bedroon condo and it was worth it. Our butler Cinthia was amazing , she asked everyday how she could make our stay more pleasurable and took care of EVERYTHING from a wonderful bubble whirlpool experience for my sons to arranging our dinner reservations and ensuring the room was to our liking everyday. The kids zone and pools were great. Lots of activities to keep them busy from 9-10pm. Great shows to watch in the evening ang the food was really, really good. The teppanyaki was one of the best I have has and I have eaten a lot of great Japanese restaurants. We have already started talking about coming back to la Esmeralda . because it really doesn't get much better than this .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Melia, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Mexico/Riviera Maya