“It doesn't get much better than this!”

Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Ranked #33 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

We travelled May 19-26 with a 3 & 1 year old. We travel about twice a year and this by far has been one of the best resorts we have stayed at. We initially stayed at the Paradisus Cancun but was asked whether we would like to Transfer to La Esmeralda we had spent 4 wonderful days in Cancun and thought it was a good idea for a different scene. We are so glad we did!!! Because comparing properties and rooms there was no comparison. The only noticeable difference was that cancun pays extreme attention to detail and make a genuine effort to engage you service wise ......personalized attention. In playa la Esmeralda they are extremely kind and nice as well but there is a subtle difference. Juan our pool concierge and patty our butler was Fab in cancun. in playa We paid for family concierge and stayed in a Master 1 bedroom suite ( gorg..like a 1 bedroon condo and it was worth it. Our butler Cinthia was amazing , she asked everyday how she could make our stay more pleasurable and took care of EVERYTHING from a wonderful bubble whirlpool experience for my sons to arranging our dinner reservations and ensuring the room was to our liking everyday. The kids zone and pools were great. Lots of activities to keep them busy from 9-10pm. Great shows to watch in the evening ang the food was really, really good. The teppanyaki was one of the best I have has and I have eaten a lot of great Japanese restaurants. We have already started talking about coming back to la Esmeralda . because it really doesn't get much better than this .

2  Thank Kayprince
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for share your recent experience in our Paradisus La Esmeralda, and thank you for your preference in Paradisus Brand.

We are very glad to read that you had a great vacation, it is an honor for us to learn that you enjoyed the exclusive area of Family Concierge, our dining options, the daily entertainment and the service for our staff, especially from Cinthia; she will know about your recognition.

Your opinion is very important for us, because it is the only method we can improve our service, we appreciate the comment about the service, we assure you that we will be working in that detail.

We hope to host you again in the near future, and we will make you repeat the Paradisus Experience.

There are newer reviews for Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda

Reviewed 25 May 2013

This was my first visit to Mexico and boy was I pleasantly surprised!

I went with my colleagues as part of a work champions program in January 2013. I had no idea what to expect and was delightfully surprised when I walked in and was offered a drink as part of my welcome. The staff were friendly, very welcoming and pleasant right from the start.

I was given my room information and walked through the enormous resort until I entered my 'oasis'. My room was really clean and offered: a private patio, a huge tub, an overhead shower and a beautiful wall lamp that was the room's art decor. It also included the safe and snacks/drinks in the fridge were definitely a huge bonus!

Throughout my stay, I had the opportunity to visit the different dining areas. There were ample food choices for breakfast which was great for the amount of people that were in our party.

The few disappointments that I had about the resort:
* My room was really far from everything
* Mexican night had very little authentic Mexican food (I'm latin so I'm quite familiar with this cuisine)
* Toiletries were not complimentary. I forgot my toothpaste and I had to buy one at the store.

Overall, amazing experience, I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Choose one close to the entrance and not far from the pool and entertainment.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review on Trip Advisor.

We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed our facilities, your room, the different restaurants that we have in the property and the service for our staff. It is an honor to know that to be your first time in Mexico; we create a very good impression on you.

Our guest’s opinion are very important for us, this way we can know about your preferences and improve our service, thank you very much for your notes.

Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to have the honor to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

This place was gorgeous! La Esmeralda was great for my child! Plenty for all to do from restaurants and lounges with live performances to a full on premises spa. The kids zone had impeccable service and Yessenia and the Kids Zone crew were amazing! While servers like Cesar and Pedro at Naos Restaurant were full of information and always had a smile and were ready willing and able to serve the guests. Not only would I return but I would also highly recommend to anyone else looking for a vacation that is just a slice of heaven!!!!! Great scenic hotel with plenty to offer to guests of all ages!

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing about your recent stay in our Paradisus La Esmeralda.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed our facilities, our restaurants, the YHI Spa, the kids Zone, and the service provided from our staff. Our mission is the total satisfaction of our guests, all of our staff it is very committed to provide a quality and excellent service.

Will be a pleasure host you, in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

first time in playa,i was down to 3 hotels to pick from.but the fact that i have a 4 year old and read about the place been kids friendly,was a major difference in the end,and guess what:THANK GOD.1st:check out was a breeze,got to the hotel at noon,and our room was ready to go,my kudos to OLIVER and his staff in check in,great job.2:we were in a luxury jr suite,did not feel like upgrading to family concierge because we only have one kid,however the room was just perfect,very minimalistic design,modern look,with great balcony and views.now regarding the room,in case you do not know you have 24 HOURS ROOM SERVICE WHICH IS EXCELLENT,their food very good,but the service is impecable,a a matter of fact it was so good that an hour later we re-ordered,because the person who took take care of us was so good,his name:JOSE MANUEL,PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR HIM WHEN YOU ORDER ROOM SERVICE,AND YOU WILL THANK ME FOR THIS,HE IS EXCELLENT,NO WASTE.to finish up with the rooms,they are cleaned,morning and afternoon and i believe your bar is filled up every other day,and by the way they all did an excellent job.now im a beach guy,so lets review it,the beach, is very good, if you compare it to cancun,then is the greatest,simply because,is very tame,and,at its worst,does not compare to cancun's regular wave strength,i will tell you though,sometimes the beach does need and extra cleaning,because of the sea-weeds,but it will not be a deal breaker,im originally from the caribbean so i have high standards regarding beaches,this is a very good beach.now on the othe hand,what do you do therebesides swimming?you eat and drink of course,and you have a great crew there,in the bar you have EULISES AND RAY,THAT WILL TREAT YOU LIKE ROYALTY ANYTHING FROM A MANGO TANGO TO A CUBA LIBRE,OR WHATEVER YOU HAVE IN MIND THEY WILL MAKE FOR YOU,HEY TIP THESE GUYS,ALL OF THEM,THEY DESERVE IT,now while still on the beach,antonio is the grill master,anything from vegetables,to burgers,etc.ALWAYS ON TOP OF THE FOOD,GREAT GUY AND VERY HUMBLE,ANTONIO Thanks.now the food:we were in the hotel only 5 days,because we were going to another hotel in cancun afterwards,therefore we only were going to try a couple of them due to time restrictions.1:naos)went there for breakfast,every morning,excellent host in LILIANA,every day caring for my kid,and then inside,ANTHONY ALWAYS A STEP AHEAD OF YOU ABOUT YOUR NEEDS,I ALWAYS ASKED FOR HIM IN THE MORNINGS,the buffet at naos was very good,great choices for everybody,at night same thing,a lot to choose from,great quality.2)mole:mexican fusion at its best,let me start with,with the hostesses carmen and marcela took great care of my kid,we arrived 25 min before,and because we had a kid got us a table for the time being,now our waiter was FERNANDO,who was very helpful ,1st with the menu,because he helped us understand it,and then,he was a superstar in every sense of the way,our drinksGUSTAVO took care of,wich were great,we had a great experince at the restaurant,with the great food, the decor,AND THE GREAT SERVICE PROVIDED,ESPECIALLY BY FERNANDO AND GUSTAVO,THEIR MANAGER EMIR,WAS VERY GOOD ALSO MAKING SURE WE WERE SATISFIED IN EVERY WAY,AWESOME JOB GUYS.now the market grill:OUR FAVORITE,THE FOOD WAS OUTSTANDING,THE SERVICE WAS SECOND TO NONE,IT WAS IN FACT SO GOOD,THAT WE CANCELLED TWICE IN OTHER RESTAURANTS,TO EAT THERE AGAIN,WE EVEN WENT FOR LUNCH A COUPLE OF TIMES,THE HOSTESSES WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL,TAKING YOU ALL THE WAY TO YOUR TABLE AND GIVING YOU THE INTRO TO THE RESTAURANT,THEREFORE VICTORIA,THANKS FOR YOUR GREAT JOB,ESPECIALLY WITH MY KID,AND ALSO TO CARMEN,now the food :the rodizio was AWESOME,served by TITO, AND DRINKS BY REYES,LISTEN READERS:BOTH OF THEM ALONG WITH THEIR RESTAURANT BOSS, MANUEL BALAM WENT THE EXTRA MILE,TO MAKE US FEEL LIKE AT HOME,THEIR SERVICE ,ALONG WITH THE FOOD WAS SO GREAT,THAT WE DID NOT HESITATE TO CANCEL IN OTHER RESTAURANTS,JUST TO SPEND TIME WITH THEM AGAIN,SO TO LET YOU KNOW,MANUEL AND HIS CREW ARE ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I WILL BE BACK THIS YEAR,THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SERVICE,AND BY THE WAY I KNOW A RODIZIO OR TWO,AND SO FAR IN TASTE,THEIRS WAS INCREDIBLE.now the bars:went to gabi club,wich is very modern,mith great lounge music,all day,great lights,same great service and drinks,now the NORTH AVE BAR WAS OUR FAVORITE:GOOD MUSIC,VERY ENERGETIC RAN BY THE GREAT JOHNY(IT IS NOT MISPELLED)AND AGUSTIN,YOUNG GUYS WITH DESIRE TO WORK.HEY JOHNY,KEEP DOING YOUR JOB,SAME FOR AGUSTIN YOU GUYS HAVE GREAT SYNERGY,IN A BAR THAT IS WHAT COUNTS,(GREAT BLOODY CEASARS BY THE WAY).now to talk about my kid,the kids zone was amazing,kids woudl be taking care of for most of the day,by an incredible staff,that would treat your kids,in the most special way(i saw a kid being a kid,who said he wanted to go to the beach,so he was sent there with one of the helpers),their location is very spacious, with high ceilings,and they have great creativity to keep your kids entertained all day,so you can have a little time off yourself,so thanks to all the girls in the area.the pools were also kids friendly,but whenever us adults wanted drinks,THERE THEY WERE,AND BY THE WAY,MOSTLY TOP SHELF,BY THE WAY IM A JACK D. ,GREY GOOSE AND BELVEDERE TIPE OF GUY AND NO COMPLAINTS THERE.another thing the resort has ramps all over,so it is very accesible to people with strollers or wheelchairs,something very very important ,at least for me when im on vacation,DO NOT BOTHER ME WITH SELLING ME TIMESHARES,WELL LET ME TELL YOU GUYS,THEY ARE NOT THAT AGGRESIVE AT ALL,SO THANK YOU FOR THAT ALSO,ESPECIALLY TO MIREYA,I TOLD HER I WAS THERE FOR ONLY A FEW DAYS ,SO SHE LEFT ME ALONE,AND I OWE HER ONE FOR NEXT TIME.the place is overall very organized,very modern with great service and they pay attention to details,for instance,their entertaintment staff,did a great job everywhere they worked,(the mayan show at gabi club,or themichael jackson show by th north avenue bar).great experience overall,great location,very good food,kid friendly hotel with attention to detail,but makes it special,is the service of people like:MANUEL BALAM THE MANAGER OF MARKET GRILL,WITH TITO AND REYES,FERNANDO ,WITH GUSTAVO IN MOLE,EULISES ,RAY AND ANTONIO AT THE BEACH,JOSE MANUEL IN ROOM SERVICE,OH AND I ALMOST FORGOT FRANKLIN,THE YOGA INSTRUCTOR,WHO KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING,GREAT JOB,BECAUSE OF YOUR SERVICE I WILL BE BACK.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jals70

Dear Guest,

First we would like to thank you for choosing our Paradisus La Esmeralda, we appreciate the opportunity.

We are very honored to read that you had a wonderful vacation, also we are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your room, the service provided for our staff, specially the Food and Beverage Department, know that you enjoyed our culinary experience, our facilities, the Kids Zone, our shows for example Michael Jackson and the YHI Moves

It is an honor for us to read all the names that you mentioned, thank you very much, for recognize the work of our staff. We are very proud to have very committed persons, to provide a quality and excellent service. Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests and we are very happy to know that we accomplish that mission with you during your stay.

Will be a truly pleasure host you again, here in Paradise.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

From the moment you enter the hotel, you are seriously transported to Paradise.
We went with a group of 50 for a destination wedding and were surprised by the wonderful service. Everything, from the room, to the beach, to the staff, to the food and drinks, was of incredible quality. The hotel is connected to the Perla hotel, adult exclusive, which was amazing too. We traveled without our children, so we would have breakfast at that hotel's restaurant.
The beach is a tad far from the room, but the hotel is so beautiful, you barely notice the walk.
Overall, I will return to this hotel, definately with my kids, and with friends as well!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank AmaliaB162
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience in our Paradisus La Esmeralda. For us it is an honor to be part of especial occasions, for example a Wedding.

We are very glad to read that you had a wonderful experience, in our Resort. It is a pleasure to know that enjoyed the room, the beach area, our culinary experience, and the service from our staff.

We will be more than happy to host you again, with all your family in our Paradisus La Esmeralda and make you repeat the Paradisus Experience.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Me my wife and son 1 1/2 old Stayed here May 11 through the 18th and had a fabulous time This is one of the best All-inclusive resorts we have been too (Dreams,Secrets,Iberostar Grand and Many others) The food was very good at all the restaurants, pool grill and the buffet did not have one bad meal We upgraded on arrival to the Family Concierge and I thought it was well worth it for The private pool, the private beach area and all the little things they put in the room for my son All the workers at the family concierge pool were great always checking to see if you needed anything I want to give a special thank you to Israel from the Family Concierge he was unbelievable He would check on us first thing in the morning and then when he left for the night to see if there is anything we needed We took my son to the kids club a couple of times and he loved it We will definitely be coming back next year

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ScubaBill
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for share your experience in our Paradisus La Esmeralda.

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed the benefits of our exclusive area Family Concierge; we are glad to know that you and your family enjoyed our dining options, our facilities and the service from Israel, thank you for mention him.

The personalized service from Family Concierge is one of the attributes of our Brand, we are very happy to know that Israel was beyond what you expected and his service was unbelievable. All our staff is very committed to provide a quality and excellent service, it is an honor to read that we accomplish that goal during your stay with us.

We hope to host you next year, and make you repeat the Paradisus Experience.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Im writing this review to rave about the kind and impeccable service received from Cinthia my family conceirge and the rest of the paradisus family! The resort is amazing and every details has been thought out. There is nothing to complain about and believe me i am
Very picky. They supply us with mosquito spray at the open concept restaurants and everywhere i go the staff just wants to make sure u are having a good time. I came with a group of 11 and my friend was planning a proposal on the beach. Cinthia went through great lengths to make this happen because we needed to bring in two horses. She is knowledgable, sweet and very easy to be around. The entire group and I were very pleased with the food, amenities and hospitality provided. Anyone looking for CLEAN modern resort with excellent food and service should book at paradisus. The food is definitely up to Par with 5 stars here in Toronto. Cinthia! If you are reading this I just wanna say HELLO and thanks again for everything ;) from room 3305

1  Thank 52Tweety52

Dear Guest,

First we would like to thank you for choosing our Paradisus La Esmeralda for your past getaway. And thank you for letting us be part of important moments.

It is a truly honor for us to know that you had a wonderful vacations in our Resort, we are very happy to read that you enjoyed our Family Concierge area, our culinary experience and to know that the service provided from our staff and especially from Cinthia was impeccable.

Our team is very committed with all our guests, in order to offer a quality and excellent service, we are very glad to read that they were beyond.

Will be honor for us host to you again, in the future and pamper you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
Magic Blue Hotel
Magic Blue Hotel
#52 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#21 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
#5 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hot...
#41 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
#4 of 11 in Playa Paraiso

Been to Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda? Share your experiences!