“Be prepared to be pampered!”

Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Ranked #33 of 213 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Be prepared to be pampered!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

This is a great resort. The beach, food and staff are all excellent. They will pamper you from the minute you get there until you leave. The spa is also very nice. I highly recommend to anyone traveling to Playa Del Carmen. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tamaross
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate for your review on Trip Advisor.

We are very happy to read that your received the treatment you deserve from the beginning to the end, it is a pleasure read that you had a great holiday, also we are glad to learn that you enjoyed our dining options, the Yhi Spa and to know that the service provided from our staff was excellent. Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guest; is an honor read that we accomplished that goal during your stay in our Resort.

Thank you very much for your recommendation and we will be waiting for you to pamper you again.

Quality Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,377)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Concord, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

WOW!! This is the ultimate in luxury,all inclusive. Perfect for everyone. Good food and exceptional staff. I would like to mention in the Naos restaurant Roger, Jose, Franklin, Fabian, Adela and Jeronimo were GREAT! On the bar tending Edgar, Martinello, Luisa and Janine, what fabulous cocktails, thank you! At the Market Salvador Tito, Luis, Jorge and Andrea. Sunrise grill Wilbert, Augustin and Luis. Thank you all of you for making my vacation a memorable one. I'LL BE BACK!! The only negative aspect is the Spa prices and excursions are ridiculous. Just go to relax and eat and sunbathe and swim.RELAX.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for the 'swim up' suites. Beautiful. The pool is at your doorstep. P...
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing our Paradisus La Esmeralda Playa del Carmen, for you past holidays.

It is an honor for us, read that you had a memorable vacation, all our team works to creates memorable moments; is a pleasure to learn that they accomplished that goal during your stay.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed our culinary experience and to know that the service from our staff was exceptional. Roger, Jose, Franklin, Fabián, Adela, Jerónimo, Edgar, Martinello, Luisa Janine, Salvador, Luis, Jorge, Andrea, Agustín and Luis will know about your recognition, thank you very much for mention them.

Once again thank you for share your experience and we will be waiting for you, to make you repeat the Paradisus Experience.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I just returned from Paradisus La Esmerelda and I wanted to say that everything was PERFECTION! I came with my husband and two children (ages 3 and 5) and we stayed in room 2399, June 22-29.

Here are my highlights:

- perfect service - everybody was wonderful, Andrea from Le Market was lovely and Raoul at Vento was so attentive (to name but a few)
- guest services made booking a la carte restuarants easy and pleasant
- kids club was fun and interactive with very caring staff
- a la carte restaurants were the best we have ever had - food rivals top restaurants in Toronto
- pirate ship pool for the kids was spectacular as was the towel service and the bali beds
- rooms were immaculate and had everything needed for a family (entertainment unit for watching movie - brilliant!)
- service was fast and friendly
- evening entertainment was professional level and very entertaining
- the beach was impeccable and spotless clean, with access to towels, seats and champagne - who could ask for more?

Everything at this resort has been thought out to help families relax and enjoy.

Paradise!

Overall, this was by far the BEST all inclusive we have been to and would like to thank the staff and management for making it so amazing. We didn't want to leave but we will be returning.

3 Thank R F
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review on Trip Advisor; also we would like to thank you for sharing your experience with our future guests.

We are very happy to read that your vacations were pure perfection, it is an honor read that you had an excellent time in our Paradisus La Esmeralda Playa del Carmen; we are glad to read that you enjoyed our culinary experience, to know that your little ones enjoyed the kids club, that you enjoyed the beach, the entertainment and know the service provided for our staff was always helpful and friendly.

Our mission is the total satisfaction of our guests, we feel very proud to learn that we accomplished that goal with you and your family, during your stay in our Resort.

Thank you for consider us the best all inclusive you have been, and we will be waiting for you on your next visit.

chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

I am a travel agent and love to visit new resorts every year. We took our two boys 8 and 5 and they said it is one of the best. There outstanding qualities: Food, service, and top of the line kids club. This is the first time my kids begged to go every day. The food was amazing. My favorite was Mole. If you go ask for Justino! He is one of the best. Overall service was amazing by all except for one person in particular at guest services. I believe his name was Juan Carlos. He told my husband dinner was full and couldn't o anything bi go ten min after and talked o Oliver and Laura and in minutes they had us at a restaurant very night. We just left today and I have to say I can see why it was rated so highly. Things that can be improved (not that they are bad)is the beach. I live the blue water and this was one nice but there was a lot of sea weed and not so clean on the edge. One big complaint though is that they offer a free upgrade and that was a waste. Every time. Was in h lobby I heard them tell everyone the same thing, Sorry nothing available. I also thought it was ridiculous that I asked for a half hour later check out and they said "Sure it's $30 per hour"
I have been granted two hours at much cheaper hotels

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank clariza4
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review on trip advisor, thank you very much we know that you are a person with vast experience and it is an honor for us.

We are very happy to read that you had an excellent experience in our Paradisus La Esmeralda Playa del Carmen; it is a pleasure to read that you and your family enjoyed our facilities, our culinary experience, that your little ones enjoyed the kids club, and to know that service provided from Oliver and Laura was beyond to help you.

Your observations are important for us, and we will verify our process in order to provide a better service thank you for mention it.

Once again, we appreciate your valuable opinion, and we truly hope to have the opportunity to host you and your family in a near future to make you repeat the Paradisus Experience.

Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

I read a lot of reviews about Paradisus Palaya Del Carmen which were impressive. so we booked from 6/25 to 7/2. There was an issue about the room which was, we asked for an ocean view junior suite but when we arrived to the resort the front desk told us the ocean view is not exactly an ocean view and we are not be satisfied from the view. So she recommend an upgrade to a double sized suite. We told her that we are going to see both rooms and decide. we saw the ocean view one and it's not an ocean view at all, so we checked the double sized suite, the room was amazing but also no view either for the beach nor the pool. We went back to her and we told her that we are not satisfied with both and she said all of the ocean view rooms are for the family concierge. The difference if we want to be in the family concierge is 1200$ can you imagine!! of course we refused to pay extra so my husband asked to see the manager and we have to wait like 2 hours since we checked in.. which was really disappointed for us, but they offer if we want to have lunch the buffet is open. After that we stayed with the manager and after a long negotiation he offered a suite which we can see the pool and a little view from the beach. Finally we start our vacation... if we going to talk about the pro of this resort we are going to talk about everything starting from the rooms, service, pool, beach, food, kids zone... In the beginning my daughter 6 years old she don't want to stay in the kids zone but after that she loved it and in the last day she was crying because she don't want to leave.. The kids zone hours from 9 am to 5 pm and from 8 pm to 10 pm but in the last day they changed the hours and it become from 9 am to10 pm which is amazing. They have a lot of activities and programes so the kids can enjoy there stay. According to the food the buffet was kind of limited. There was no problem doing the reservation for the restaurants we tried the market which i didn't like it, We loved Bana which is a Japanese restaurant, Mole is a mexican restaurant and Vento is a Mediterranean one and both of them were good. We also tried Fuego this is a sea food restaurant but this one for adults only. The beach is nice and clean it's a little bit far from the rooms but it worth to enjoy the beach. We enjoyed Michael Jackson show & the circus one. we really enjoyed everything in this resort.

Room Tip: higher floors have an amazing view....
1 Thank Dina G
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review on Trip Advisor, also we would like to thank you for share your experience with our future guests.

Our guest's observations are very important for us, because thank to your comments we can learn and improve our service, your notes about your experience when you arrived were sent to the Departments involved in order to provide a better service.

We are very glad to read that you enjoyed our facilities, your room, the pool area, the beach area and to know that your daughter loved the kids zone; as you mention it is very heartwarming read that you enjoyed every part of our Paradisus La Esmeralda Playa del Carmen, to know that we exceeded your expectations and to know that you had a wonderful vacations.

All the details that you mentioned are attributes of our Paradisus Brand, thank you for gave us the opportunity to show the Paradisus Experience.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again, here in Paradise.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

Wow! I don't even know where to begin writing this review. All I can say is that it was amazing! My time staying at this resort was truly one of the best times ever. It will definitely be a highlight of my summer. My parents and I went down with my uncle, his fiance and my two cousins. It was a great place to spend time as a family, but it also had things that were tailored to all sorts of different interests. My personal favourite was being able to go down to the beach and play volleyball every morning, with the most upbeat and friendly staff. I truly believe without them, it wouldn't have been the same. They gave recommendations on activities in the area (like zip lining and cave swimming), and the hot spots to hit up in town, and were spot on with everything they said. Huge thanks to Vivi, Bayron, Mario, Jonathan and Ximena! You guys made this trip so much better, and I cannot thank you enough for all the good times and laughs.

For the rooms, we had 3 between all of us. My parents, my uncle and his fiance, and my two cousins and I. Now, our room having 3 teenage girls could easily be very small seeing as we each packed a ton of clothes, but surprisingly, it was quite spacious. We had 2 double beds, a tv, couch, table with 2 chairs, a closet, and a bathroom with a large shower and tub. At no time did we feel like the room was too small. It was the perfect size for our weeks stay.

The food down in Mexico totally exceeded my expectations. I won't lie, I didn't have high hopes for the food at the resort. I thought it would be mediocre, but I was totally wrong. It was amazing. My favourite was the Market, which is a Brazilian Steakhouse, and they bring around all sorts of different proteins to try, and cut it off onto your plate. Favourite desert, hands down, was at Ibanna, which served Oriental. I had the tempura ice cream. It was like I died and went to heaven.

As for the pool and beach, I have one word to describe them both, and that is "stunning". The pool was the perfect size, had the right amount of chairs and umbrellas all around so you could find the perfect amount of sun or shade, and wasn't overly busy! It was quiet our entire stay until the last 2 days, then it got busier, but nothing outrageous. I loved the swim up bar and the beds they had at the edge of the pool. It allowed you to tan in the sun while still saying cool in the water. The beach was so beautiful. It was just like you see in the movies. You walk down the boardwalk and see the stunning white sand and turquoise blue water behind it. I still can't get over it. I show people pictures, yet it just doesn't do it justice of how vivid the colors were.

The property lay out itself was great. The minute we got there, all I could think was "Oh my goodness, this is huge! I am so going to get lost.", but everything flowed really well and made it easy to get around. There were cabanas and different types of chairs, couches, and swings all over that you could just sit and relax in, inside and out. The service was also exceptional. You would sit down, see no one around, but within minutes, one of the friendly staff members would be there to offer you a drink to beat the heat.

Other highlights of the trip on the resort were the pool party and my pictures with an iguana. The pool party just happened to be on our last full day at the resort, and felt like a huge going away party. There was a DJ on the bridge over the pool, upbeat music, dancers all around the pool, and all sorts of activities. The other one was my photos with an iguana. It was on my bucket list going down to Mexico, but didn't know where I could find one that I could actually hold. I mean, they are everywhere, kind of like gophers or rabbits at home for me, but I wanted to find a tame one. I was playing volleyball one morning and all of the sudden, I saw the photographers and a guy walking down the beach with an iguana. I was so excited. I went over, and they had me do a bunch of different poses holding it and such. Later, you could go and look at your prints, and purchase them or a USB with all of them. Definitely a great keepsake!! The best part, if you don't like reptiles, they had a different animal everyday.

I would 100% recommend this resort to anyone. There were many families with little kids, all the way to older couples. It truly has something for everyone, and everything is exceptional. I still can't believe that the trip is over, I miss it so much. If you ever go down and are looking for a good time, go find Vivi, Bayron, Mario, Jonathan or Ximena! They are hands down the best events staff you can find. It really shows that they love what they do, and they have such a positive impact on everyone and everything around them. Another big thanks to them for making Mexico 2013 the time of my life! Can't wait to come back again and visit!

2 Thank Ashley M
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

We came back home 2 weeks ago from an amazing trip. We enjoyed every second from the time we arrived to the time we left. The staff was amazing (our favs were Carlos and victor at the Gabi club). The food was incredible (even poolside). Our room was dynamite (suite with hot tub on balcony). The beach was beautiful! I would come back in a heartbeat and would recommend this resort to everyone!!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for share you experience in our Paradisus La Esmeralda Playa del Carmen, on Trip Advisor and with our future guests.

It is a pleasure read that you had an amazing holiday in our resort, to know that you enjoyed from the beginning to the end, to know that you enjoyed your room, the beach area and to learn that you received the service that you deserve.

Carlos and Victor will know about your recognition, they will be more than happy to know that they helped you to have a memorable experience.

We appreciate your recommendation and we will be waiting for you here in Paradise.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#19 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
#4 of 26 in Puerto Morelos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,180 reviews

Been to Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda? Share your experiences!