“Thank you all - from the bottom of our hearts!!! Amazing Wedding!!!”

Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Ranked #31 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Thank you all - from the bottom of our hearts!!! Amazing Wedding!!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I don’t even know where to start from and share with everyone what an amazing experience we had in this great place. My husband and I just returned from this hotel where we stayed for 10 days and celebrated our wedding with 75 of our guests! What can I say – we could not have chosen a better place!!! We visited this resort a year ago and after spending a week here with our daughter – we were certain that if we are going to do a destination wedding this is the only place where we will do it! We did do it a year after – but we had no idea how far, above and beyond the staff of this place would go just to see a smile on our face. We want to personally thank Pedro –for assisting our guests with the rooms (there was not one complaint) and of course thank you for always being there for us:) we love you Pedro.
Evelin, our wedding coordinator – you are a doll! Thank you for all the hard work you did, you were more nervous than me Thank you for coming through last minute and completely changing the ceremony location due to the “GOOD LUCK” rain! Thank you for your organizational and communicating skills, if it would not be for your professionalism – this last minute change would not work out and end up being as gorgeous as it was!
Pilar also thank you for your work at the Romance office along with Jessica who was assisting us in Miami ‘s corporate office and the rest of the girls at Romance!
Perla darling – you truly are an amazing artist! It is very difficult to impress people from NYC – but you did it sweet heart! There are no words to describe the beauty that you turned Hadar into on our wedding night, we will never forget your hard work! Love you. Next – the spa girls; Mariela – YHI Spa Manger – thank you so much for working everything out with such limited amount of time that we had, thank you for keeping the SPA opened for us and going out of your way to make sure everyone is happy. I will never forget how hard you tried to make everything go smooth!!! Carla – thank you for staying at the SPA and smiling at me every time you so how nervous I was! VENESSA – the makeup artist; you truly are amazing – may your hands never hurt because what you did to me and other girls was simply magic! Also I want to thank the rest of the girls who were working in the SPA on 7/13/13!!!! You were all great! Audio and Visual guys – you turned both nights into a club seen, our guest still can’t stop talking about the ambience that you created – great job.
Blue Lens Photography – Ber B. Nikolas, Carla, Tati – the memories that you captured are simply priceless. Dear readers please don’t make a mistake by not hiring these guys to do your video and photography. I doubt that anyone can do a better job than them They truly know what they are doing…
Oscar the Chef along with Thomas – guys your food was simply amazing! There was not one dish that was not tasted and complemented on! Where else can you find in Mexican Resort French, Italian, Asian and Mediterranean Cuisine - all in one night !!! – Only In Paradisus!!!! Victor – you did an amazing job taking care of 75 guests whose glasses were always filled with alcohol!
I just wish I tasted more of it We also want to thank all the waiters and bar tender who was with us on our wedding – you guys did an outstanding job! I guess I can go on about this place for hours but that reality has kicked in and got to get back to real world. The saddest part of it all is that we had to go back home, but we will never say Goodbye to this place and it’s people. We are already planning our trip for December!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing our Paradisus La Esmeralda for this important occasion, thank you very much for your confidence. It is an honor for us, to be part of special moments in the lives of our guests.

It is a pleasure for us, to read your big day was amazing. Also we are very happy to learn you and your party enjoyed our facilities and to know you all our staff helped you to create this memorable moment.

Evelyn, Pilar, Victor, Mariela, Carla and Oscar will know about your recognition, thank you for mention them; all our team has the strong commitment to always provide a quality and an excellent service, always focused in our guest’s satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for your letting us be part of this important event; we will be waiting for you on your next trip to pamper you and make you repeat this unique experience.

Quality Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,522)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Laredo, Texas
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We book or trip based on the great reviews of the hotel. But overall it was a great disappointment The service was terrible. We had many issues regarding or reservations and it took 3 days for the manager to actually solve the situation. The concierge service was very pushy, they want us to book or reservations for dinner as we enter the hotel and make an schedule for the hole week, I gave it to her and she did not make any reservations because it was already past 4. so our reservations needed to be confirm the following day, and we ended having room service.
Finally we had our reservations for the following days at 9:30 or 10:00pm because the restaurants didn't accept children before that times (ridicule thing for a family with young children ages, 7,5 and 3). The restaurants were mostly empty, but they would say that didn't have reservations available.
While I was looking for the concierge on her guest services desk I told that my disappontintment whit the the services and one of the concierge told me that maybe I was used to be on luxury hotels, so I reply to her that I had the understanding that I actually was on one.
The hotel offers at least one show at night almost daily and they don't advertise it. They also make some thematic dinners and if you are not walking thru the hotel you would not knew they had them.
The good thing was that the room was actually super comfortable for a family of 5, it had an amazing space , beautiful decorated and comfortable. The drapes actually can close one in top of the other so your can have a super deep sleep.

3 Thank Adriana30
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Dear Guest,

First, we would like to thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

Your observations are very valuable for us, because thanks to your notes we can improve our service and learn about your experience, your comments have been send to our Food and Beverage Department in order to verify our process and take the proper measures, in order to do not repeat this situation with any guests.

On the other hand, we are glad to read you enjoyed our facilities and to know you enjoyed your comfortable room, thank you very much for mention those details.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again, to change your first impression and exceed your expectations.

Hazlet
Reviewed 18 July 2013

July 7-13, 2013. Just got back from a 7 day trip with our 23 and 19 year old children. Was booked on the Esmeralda side (Family concierge) which I wish I was more aware of. There were a lot of small children. Spent all our time on the La Esmeralda (Adult) side. If you do have small children, they will NEVER be short on things to do. The grounds are beautiful. Beach is really nice. You'll have to take a short taxi ride to go to 5th avenue shops, clubs, etc.We had a one bedroom master suite and while it was spacious for the four of us, the pull out bed in the living area was like sleeping on the floor. Not comfortable at all. Only negative on the room. The restaurants, while we were not there to visit them all, each and everyone of them was amazing. Fuego was our personal favorite. The staff was beyond hospitable. Always smiling attentive and willing to go far and beyond any needs you may have. Shout out to Rigoberto Santos, Alfredy, Ignacio and Cristobal at Hadar. THanks for making breakfast such a wonderful start to everyday. Can't wait to go back. If your looking for 5 star service and comfort. THIS IS IT!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Dear Guest,

First, we would like to thank you for choosing our Paradisus La Esmeralda Playa del Carmen for your past family holidays.

We are pleased to read you and your family had a wonderful vacation in our Resort, we are very happy to learn you enjoyed our facilities, your One Bedroom Master Suite, to know you enjoyed our dining options, the beach area and to know you received the service you deserve.

Rigoberto, Santos, Alfredo, Ignacio and Cristobal will know about your mention, thank you very much for recognize their work, all our team has the strong commitment to create memorable moments in any opportunity, it is an honor read they accomplished their mission during your stay with us.

We will be waiting for you on your next visit to make you repeat this unique experience.

Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This was our 4th trip to Playa Del Carmen and 8th trip to Mexico. This resort ranks at the bottom for us. We have two daughters, ages 9 and 13 and they were very disappointed that the pool closed at 7 p.m. (much earlier than we expected). The pool side bar and restaurant closes at 5 p.m. We had 8:30 dinner reservations, anticipating an afternoon snack by the pool to tide the girls over. Getting dried off and dressed to pick up a quick snack was too big of a hassle and room service took over an hour, so we were hungry much of the trip.

The Vento restaurant was outstanding. Even though the restaurants were mostly empty, they require reservations. My husbands general thought was they are saving money by not feeding us, so they make it as inconvenient as possible to access food.

In general, it seemed the resort was short on staff resources. Getting a drink at the pool side bar typically took at least 15 minutes, as many times they only had one staff member present.

There is no view of the beach from any resort building or pool. You access the beach via a path through the "rainforest". We really missed seeing and hearing the ocean.

The rooms are spacious and clean. The grounds are also clean but without the lush, colorful vegetation we have enjoyed at other resorts.

2 Thank seitri94
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing our Paradisus La Esmeralda for your past family vacations.

Your comments are very important for us, because thanks to your notes we can improve our services; your notes have been passed to the departments involved in order to verify our processes and provided you the service you deserve.

On the other hand, we are glad to read you considered our Vento Restaurant, outstanding, thank you for mention it.

Please, if you decide to return to Playa del Carmen, will be a pleasure host you and change your first impression and exceed your expectations.

Irvine, California
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I would definitely recommend paradisus la esmeralda! We decided to choose this resort for our annual family vacation and traveled as a family of 6 adults and 3 kids. We requested connecting rooms prior to arriving to the hotel because we wanted to be next to each other. When we arrived we were told that they were unable to honor that request as they did not have any connecting rooms in the type of room we paid for. We were very disappointed until the lady who had been helping us came back to tell us that she was sorry for the mix up and offered us upgraded rooms, 2 of which did connect. All our worries were gone and our rooms were absolutely amazing! We were very pleased with the customer service! We did encounter some problems. The cleaning crew threw out my contact lense case and I didn’t bring a backup so I called guest services with this complaint. The next day Oliver called me back and personally brought me a new contact case. So they definitely made up for it!

Other things about the hotel:
The restaurants all need reservations and it was kind of difficult getting reservations at the times we needed with our large group. However the food at every restaurant we ate was DELICIOUS! With so many restaurants you are bound to find at least one restaurant to your liking. The kids especially loved Naos. One thing we would like to see more of is a more variety for breakfast and lunch, there are only a few spots open so we were always looking forward more to dinner.
Our kids loved the kids zone. They have plenty of activities and crafts for kids to do with pool tables and hockey table. They will even watch your kids while you go eat!
The pool was clean and warm and they have pools all around so you have plenty to choose from! They also have activities at the pool for adults (ex. aquagym) and kids (ex. a pirate show) All the pool activities we went to were quite fun!
Short walk from the beach, where they offer free kayaking as well as a grill/bar right by the beach. We had plans to go do excursions, but the whole family just loved the resort so much that we did not want to leave!

Overall, a great trip at a great resort! I would definitely recommend if you are a foodie like me or are traveling with kids like our family.
I do recommend bringing a VERY GOOD bug spray though!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Cee T
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear Guest,

First, we would like to thank you for choosing our Paradisus Playa del Carmen for your past family vacations.

It is an honor for us to read, in any little situation the service of our staff was very professional and always worried to please you in every way, all our team has the strong committed to provide a quality and an excellent service always oriented to our guest's satisfaction and relaxation. Is heartwarming to read we accomplished that goal with you and your family.

We are happy to learn you enjoyed our facilities, our culinary experience, to know the little ones enjoyed the kid’s zone and to know you and your family enjoyed the different activities we offer during the day and the night.

Thank you very much for your recommendation, we hope to have the opportunity to host you again and make you repeat this fantabulous experience.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Overall it was a very nice hotel if a modern & sleek vibe appeals to you. Definitely quite cleanly and the grounds are well maintained. Excellent variety of pools and of course the beach is beautiful. The nightly entertainment is very good and it caters to the young & old with the only downside being the limited viewing space when it is held over by the North Bar. The staff is amazing. Everyone is absolutely super nice. When you are poolside make sure to be in the area where Gricelda Sandoval waits. She always has a nice smile on her face, very friendly and she is quick & accurate with getting the orders. Additionally, she makes sure to come back and check up on you.

So enough of the good, let me tell you why I deducted a star- the FOOD. For a "five" star hotel the food was less than stellar. For starters I was in a party of 10 which supposedly meant we "had" to make reservations. Our host Perla took care of the reservations and only managed to get us reservations for 4 nights out of our 7 night stay; one of which was at the Adult only side which meant one set of parents had to stay with the kids. On the other nights we were obligated to eat at the buffet. Whether at the buffet or the a' la carte the food wasn't really the greatest. I think they tried too hard to be fancy that they missed the important ingredient- taste.

Aside from that it was an overall good stay.

Room Tip: Definitely do the swim up since it puts you right at the center of all the action. However if you ar...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for write about your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to read you enjoyed our modern facilities, the pool area, the beach area, to know you enjoyed the night entertainment and to know the service provided for our staff was amazing and very attentive, especially from Griselda, thank you for mention her and her work, she has the strong commitment with our guests in always provided a quality and an excellent service, always looking for your satisfaction.

Your comments are very important for us, because thank to your notes we can improve our service, your observations have been passed to the Food and Beverage Department in order to verify our process and take the proper measures.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again and change your perception.

Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This is a fabulous resort to visit for a family with kids. I just spent two weeks there with my two-year old. My son loved the slides in the children’s pool. I loved the fact that I could always find a chair with an umbrella (same goes for the beach). The hotel is modern, clean, and well-appointed. The staff goes out of their way to make guests feel welcome. The food and beverages are excellent. Naos is a great restaurant to dine in with small children. Great service! Franklin and Alejandro were particularly attentive to our needs. I was also very impressed with how “green” the hotel was. I have actually seen staff on the beach going through trash and separating recyclables from non-recyclables. The resort is rather far from “the action” of downtown, but that is not something that matters for us on a family vacation. We will definitely go back!

1 Thank H2Olove
Quality Manager B, Gerente at Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure read you had the best two week vacation ever with us, thank you very much for the honor, we are very happy to learn you received the service you deserve, we are glad to know you enjoyed our facilities, our culinary experience and we are happy to hear your son enjoyed the pool area.

Our main goal is the total satisfaction of our guests, it is heartwarming read we accomplished our mission with you during your stay.

We will be waiting for you in your next visit, ready to pamper you and make you repeat this unique experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#22 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort &...
#10 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
#5 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hotel
Blue Diamond Luxury Boutique Hot...
#43 of 211 in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
Iberostar Paraiso Maya
#4 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
Barcelo Maya Tropical
Barcelo Maya Tropical
#7 of 17 in Puerto Aventuras

Been to Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda? Share your experiences!