This is my first day here and it took me less than 3 hours to realize we had made a mistake. This is not a kid friendly resort. First, we have a swim up junior suite. Nice, but no better than a typical hotel suite. Beds are small. The pool outside the room is to deep for kids 8 and under. It is over 4 1/2 feet deep. Second, there is a beach, and it's nice, but there is only one pool that has 4 slides less than 4 feet long. Weak at best for kids. Plenty of adult pools. Third, very weak activities for the kids. Anything you want to do activity wise will cost you. This is a limited all inclusive resort. The color of your wristband determines what pools and areas of the resort you can enter. Lots to do in the surrounding area, but it will cost you because it is not affiliated with the resort. Fourth, we did not get the room we were expecting. We asked about being moved and were told we couldn't be moved for three days until the room we paid for became available. I noticed plenty of empty rooms. It's October.
Finally, this is the Cancun and Playa Del Carmen area. Want to be "5 Star Resorts" that aren't even close. The Paradisus resort in Playa Del Carmen is just another time share place that prides itself on misleading ads and amenities. This is the Disney World of the Carribean. GO ELSEWHERE!!! I travel the world with, and without my kids. There are much better places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Melia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Mexico/Riviera Maya