Excellent resort! We’ve been traveling to Riviera Maya at least once a year for the past 10 years. This was our first time at Paradisus La Esmeralda. We are a group of 4 families, 9 adults and 9 kids ages ranging from 3 to 14. I am writing this review on behalf of all adult travelers in my group so it is not a single opinion. We have traveled to this resort on recommendation of 3 different families that have stayed at this resort during 2012-2013.
1. Service: Excellent top to bottom! From top management to housekeeping, thank you guys! During the 2 weeks we have never ran into a staff member without a smile on their face nor have we ever heard a “no” to any of our requests. A group of 18 with kids is not easy to handle, but Paradisus did it with ease! Oh, and I forgot to mention, we had 4 birthday celebrations during our stay. I have made most of the restaurant reservations for the parties prior to the arrival and everything has worked out just perfect! Special thanks to Oliver Bothfeld for arranging everything prior to our arrival and making sure everything goes as planned. Thank you to Zezinho De Brito Da Silva for arranging a wonderful day trip Cancun for our “little” group of 18.
2. Rooms: Very Spacious, clean and nicely decorated. Our group occupied 3 Junior Suites, 1 One Bedroom Suite and 1 Master One bedroom. All rooms had great layout and plenty of closet space.
3. Food: food was very good, no complaints at all. Service in the restaurants was always excellent. We went to Naos for breakfast and lunch and even few times for dinner. Big thanks to Mizael, Fabian and Franklyn for keeping our glasses full! Good job guys! We’ve celebrated one of the birthdays at Vento-Mediterranean cousin and really enjoyed it. Market-Brazilian, great food, nice atmosphere, excellent service! Marcelino Uc, Jorge Martinez and Alberto Sanchez, you guys are the best! We had to come back twice! Rigoberto at Gabi Bar- Best bartender ever!
Bana – Beautiful, modern decor and great food! Had to come back for more, thanks to our hibachi chefs Ulysses and Ernesto, kids loved the show!
We tried Passion (adults only) and were very pleased. Very professional, excellent presentation and great food! Big thanks to our waiter Adrian.
4. Beach: beautiful white sand, calm water and plenty of places with clear water and no rocks for swimming. The beach is narrow but it’s a huge plus since you can watch your kids play in the water without getting off your chair!
We all enjoyed our stay at the resort and looking forward to comeback as soon as possible!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Holiday Gems, Melia, Expedia, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Paradisus by Melia Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus By Melia Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Mexico/Riviera Maya