We stayed here in February 2014 with our daughter who is 12. The resort is beautiful& very clean, very easy to get around nothing is too far. We paid for the family concierge but honestly not worth it unless your children are very young. The best part of Family Concierge was the heated pool for us. Our concierge was ok but I will not name any names only because this person did work hard just not for us. ( As I said our daughter is 12 ), When we checked in we waited two hours for our luggage& three phone calls but no luggage. We checked in late& really needed our luggage. I finally walked down to the lobby after 2 hours & many promises but no luggage. Our luggage was still sitting at the lobby where they told us to leave it. I actually think family concierge does not do there part. We had better service on the other side why pay more. Another issue was when we checked in we had one BED with a 12 year old not good. Why would they do this, they expected her to sleep on a cot for one week no I don't think so. Not well planned. We asked to be moved the next day to a room with two beds. The food was ok nothing wowed us in any restaurant keep in mind if you have children you are only allowed in 4 restaurants. The pools were very nice with nice cabana beds all around the beach was just a short walk but not the greatest beach as mentioned in other reviews. The staff was awesome for the most part. The only bad service was at the Hydro Grill again in the Family Concierge section. The best service was by Marcelini sorry if I did not spell this right. He was great all week! They need more staff like him! Room was nice& clean shortage of towels sometimes but we made due. It was a beautiful resort with some time share people but they left you alone if you asked them. This is a complete honest review after staying in over 20 resorts 9 in Mexico. I feel it is a little over priced& the food was not as expected for 5 star. You will not be disappointed if you go but I would consider other 5 star resorts that may be cheaper& offer the same service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Melia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Expedia, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Mexico/Riviera Maya