At first I was not too crazy about this place but we ended up liking it very much. About 75% of the pools were “semi-private” for the people with swim up rooms only leaving 2 average size pools for the majority of the people. This was not what I would consider a ‘Beach Front” property as you could not see the beach from the resort and only had one route to get to the beach which was on the opposite side of the resort from our room making it a good 10 minute walk. The people there where very nice but we found ourselves constantly having to fight off the folks trying to get us to sit in on a time-share presentation. The rooms were very nice, the resort was very well maintained and clean, and the restaurants were good (we ate in 6 different restaurants and 2 were very good, 3 were good, and 1 was average). The beach area was nice but was right next to a public beach which was crowded on the weekends. It seemed like it was used mostly by very nice local families but I would not let the kids wonder there without me being with them. (They did have armed guards there from time to time) All in all this was a very nice place and we had a great trip. Even though I probably would not go back to this resort myself, I would recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Melia, Priceline, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Mexico/Riviera Maya