Our family (with 2 kids) just returned after a 7 day stay. We travel to all-inclusive resorts every summer, and in the past mostly stayed at Dreams resorts. Since both Paradisus and Dreams are in the same price range, I'll add some points based on our prior experience at Dreams.
Overall, Paradisus is very nice, all as mentioned in 2000 prior reviews. Resort is clean, modern, restaurants have great design, excellent food and good ambiance, service is very friendly. Alcohol selection is reasonably good for an all inclusive (you can get stuff that costs about $20 / bottle in the US but also had some tequilas that were about $30 / bottle). However, below are some of the things that, if changed, could make this resort great (not merely good):
- Restaurant reservations were hard to get. It could be done on purpose to make people to upgrade to Family Concierge, as the restaurants did not look that full. Whatever it was, it was an annoyance. Dreams' system of no reservations (you get a pager if the restaurant is full) was much better.
- Activities were not as well designed / run as at Dreams. Dreams had more activities for kids and adults and there seemed to be more focus on them. The resort would do well to add some tournaments and games.
- Since the resort focuses on kids, would be nice to add a bigger water slide for older kids. The pirate ship is too small for kids over 5-6 y.o.
- Nightly shows were fun, but were held in a crowded area with not enough seats for everyone. It would be better to move the portable stage to a different location with more space and chairs.
Everything else was very good and it would be one of our top choices among Riviera Maya resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the beach and surrounded by mangrove trees, Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda is an all-inclusive four Diamond resort with its promise of all-inclusive fun and LUXExclusive experience designed with the entire family. All suites feature a private balcony or terrace and include air conditioning with climate control, free Wi-Fi, 24-hour room Service, cable TV service, Minibar, in-room safe, complimentary toiletries, bathrobes, living area with sofa and a coffee maker. Services for relaxation and pampering include a YHI Spa, a hair salon ($), Wedding services, tours/ticket assistance and a business center. World-class facilities including Family Concierge ($), Fitness, YHI Kids, Kids Zone, Kids Club, Baby Club, Game Room, Life enriching experience, Kids Pool. The resort offers 14 restaurants to choose from which are open daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Melia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda Mexico/Riviera Maya