We rented two suites (2 rooms each, beach front), and were in love with them! We were aware that these are more like apts and dont have the amenities and services of a full hotel (including no dinner service, no room service, no phone).
Location: About 10min north of Playa, was great for us. This meant very few people at the beach, super relaxing location. Still, we could easily drive at night to Playa for the hustle and bustle of the town.
Rooms: Suite was very large, huge windows with beautiful view of the sea.
Service: Terrible! We had multiple incidents 1) One of our suites was for 4 people, and the hotel was only able to provide 1 key. So for the 5 days of our stay we had to coordinate who had the key etc. All the reception could say was that they were searching for the second key and could not find it. 2) Then my parents reserved the hotel shuttle for the airport and it never showed up. At 3am (and late for their flight) they had to get a taxi. 3) There is only wifi in some areas (lobby, beach club) but when the wifi at the beach club was not working for 2 days, we got zero help 4) The worst experience was trying to get the right fare for our room. We were charged $250 more than we should and it took over 4hrs, multiple trips between the beach club and the reception, and talking to over 4 people to get the fare straighted out. It was a true nightmare and ruined our relaxing vacation. It is amazing how incompetent most of the employees were, including the reservations guy and one of the managers. Only one of the reception ladies was super helpful and was able to resolve this. The last day, we decided to move to another hotel. We did not really want to, but I could not justify giving more business to a place that had treated us so poorly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious suites with spacious furnished balcony or terrace; furnished and a spa tub, framed with a beautiful view of gardens, fully furnished and decorated with contemporary designs in chrome and wood. All suites feature a spacious living room and separate dining room for 6 people. These two bedroom suites feature private bathroom (each bedroom) finished in granite and tempered glass, the main bedroom with king size bed and secondary bedroom with 2 double beds. Fully equipped kitchen with electrical stove, microwave oven, conventional oven, two-door refrigerator, dishwasher, crockery, cooking utensils Service room with washing-drying machine, iron and ironing board, safety box and service bathroom Maximum occupancy 6 persons ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Pure Mareazul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pure Mareazul Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Pure Mareazul Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen