“Pretty good experience”

Ranked #96 of 1,425 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant, bar, lounge you name it. Los Tabernacos has something that will please everyone. Sports events on giant screen along with themed nights party starting in November. Come have dinner in our friendly laid back atmosphere, the owner Daniel will make you feel right at home. Then at 10:30pm is when the party starts up until.... Los Tabernacos is the restaurant / bar that you will have you coming back for more.
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Special canadin food in Playa. Very special diches, great service, different experience than other restaurants in Playa. Very good at all.

Boblepompier, Responsable relations publiques at Los Tabernacos Sports Bar and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Tks for your comment.And always welcome.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Must go while in Playa! Great service, delicious food and incredible atmosphere created. The owner is hilarious and makes sure your time there is memorable. Went back to back and will return for our next dive trip to the Yucutan.

Boblepompier, Responsable relations publiques at Los Tabernacos Sports Bar and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Tks for your comments........always welcome,.....it was a privilege to have you in our place...

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Enjoyed a different style of cooking, friendly people and overall a good experience. Food delicious and freshly prepared. The mixed dish of ribs, onion rings, mini burgers, chicken wings and cheese fingers was plenty for two to share. Thanks guys!

3  Thank madge52
Boblepompier, Responsable relations publiques at Los Tabernacos Sports Bar and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

..Thanks for your comments and always welcome...

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Came to get married in playa. My brother and I stumbled upon this place. Had such a good time and was so amazed by this place that we went back with everyone else the next night. The owner is loves what he does and that trickles down to his staff. A+++ the staff, the food and the experience are hands down the best yet.

1  Thank downtownbrown1
Boblepompier, Responsable relations publiques at Los Tabernacos Sports Bar and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Tks for your comments, and you're always welcome.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My experience was unique. I was in Playa Del Carmen by myself after a retreat with friends in Tulum. Playa has beautiful beaches and a lively nightlife, but when you're on your own, it can be hard to feel a part of all the excitement rather than just an observer. I was looking for a dinner spot that wasn't overtly romantic or advertise my single-ness too loudly. While Los Tabernacos was a rowdy crowd the evening before, the vibe was very low key and friendly when I hopped on a stool at the bar. Daniel immediately made me feel welcome, introducing me to the rest of his staff and even his cousin who was in town visiting. I couldn't help but love the French-Canadian accents. I also couldn't decide between trying Poutine for the first time in my life, or satisfy my craving for Ceviche after drooling over all the fish in my scuba adventures. I indulged myself and ordered both-- this was my last night of vacation after all. The ceviche was easily the best I had sampled while in the Yucatan. I have nothing to compare the meaty poutin to, but with the few bites I could muster, it may top the list for delicious things I wish I had saved room to eat. As the evening drew on, it became clear: There was no place better to be in Playa Del Carmen than exactly where I was, at Los Tabernacos.
The rest of the evening was a swirl of shared Don Julio shots, juicy margaritas, a dance with a little person dressed as a leprechaun, a salsa lesson, a shark sighting, a discussion over the merits of Agile methodologies, struggling to hear the differences between Quebec-French and France-French shouted across the room, and a story about a rock underfoot revealing itself to be a giant turtle. It was a surreal evening, ending with a blurry goodbye, a promise to write this review, and a moonlit dip in the ocean.

Boblepompier, Responsable relations publiques at Los Tabernacos Sports Bar and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Tks for your comments and it was a privilege for us to serve you...Always welcome in our place in paradise......hope to see you next year.