“Amazing atmosphere with incredibly friendly owners” 5 of 5 bubbles

Los Tabernacos Sports Bar and Lounge
Ranked #40 of 1,220 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Drinks, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Restaurant, bar, lounge you name it. Los Tabernacos has something that will please everyone. Sports events on giant screen along with themed nights party starting in November. Come have dinner in our friendly laid back atmosphere, the owner Daniel will make you feel right at home. Then at 10:30pm is when the party starts up until.... Los Tabernacos is the restaurant / bar that you will have you coming back for more.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing atmosphere with incredibly friendly owners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Daniel is an incredible host! What an amazing atmosphere. Cheering on the Habs during the playoffs at Tabernacos was priceless! If you want to eat during a habs game, plan on showing up a good 2h before the game. If not, come by for some beers (25 pesos) and amazing atmosphere!

• Visited May 2014

Lausanne, Switzerland
“If you like hokey, this is the place to be!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I went there with Canadians guys I met in Playa Del Carmen. They suggest me to try "Poutine", so I took one. I would say it's a huge concentration of fatty and the toast is very strange for me. For sure I'll never eat it again.
Very friendly atmosphere, nice staff and excellent mojito ;-)
I highly recommend to book before to get a table

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Montreal, Canada
“Thank you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

We had a great time at Los Tabernaco, sharing drinks with Daniel whose hospitality made you feel like you were right at home.

The food was excellent and the service was phenomenal, Molly the waitress was inviting and on point.

This place is a definite must if you like hokey and good food and friendly atmosphere.

We'll definately go back and highly recommend that if you go to Playa Del Carmen, that you check it out.

Daniel & Adele

Timmins, Ontario Canada
“Hockey and food fan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We found this place accidentally and WOW glad we did, from the moment we waited in line, we were told to be there by 4:30pm on game night if we wanted a seat. Being huge hockey fans and not to mention hubby is a Montreal Canadiens fan we were there on time a we got a seat. Waitress was at our table quickly to take our order. Wow was I happy to open the menu and find chicken wings and poutine. It was a absolutely delicious. Atmosphere was just fabulous, the owners are very friendly with all patrons, the waitresses are great I can't remember our server's name she was a tiny little blonde she spoke great English and French, and a very pleasant attitude....the only sad part about that night Montreal lost to Tampa Bay....not to worry game #3 in the playoffs and Montreal has the series 3-0
Can't wait to go back and watch another game...not to mention eat some very yummy food

Thank you for a wonderful night in Playa Del Carmen
If I may quote my husband "calice that was good"

P.S I wish I knew the recipe to the ranch dressing they serve it was soooo good.

Visited April 2014
Quebec City, Canada
“best poutine in playa del carmen !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We visited the Los Tabernacos last friday night while the Montreal canadiens were against Tampa Bay and WHAT A Party !!Same as we were in Montreal with the hot weather !The poutine was excellent(i had the mexican one) ,very good service and not too pricey..The owner Daniel,very friendly, gave us all a tequila shot at the end of the game ..We loved this place ,we will go back for sure ! keep up the good work guys!!!