“prior years visit--probably 2010”
Review of Espacio Natura

US$165.00*
Sian Ka'an Jeep Safari from Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Drive a Jeep through the jungle, winding roads in Caribbean Sea within the Biosphere Reserve of Sian Ka'an, one of the largest reserves in the world. During the trip we stop at Boca Paila to take pictures, coming to punta allen take a snack.Board small boats to go see dolphins, turtles, starfish, migratory birds and do snorkeling. we have a fascinating experience to marine biodiversity, multicolored fish, corals, and other species of this delicate ecosystem leaving a pleasant sensation.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“prior years visit--probably 2010”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

was a horrible trip. jeep first of all was out of gas, leader jeep took off before we knew what road to turn on so we went back to hotel. they finally came back to find us. then we got gas. they sped like crazy down dirt roads, not careful at all. boat ride was nice. lunch had a lot to be desired and eating area full of bees. never do that again.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank galstowell
Joel I, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Espacio Natura, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear traveler,

Very sorry for your bad experience, but your description does not match the characteristics of the service we provide, there are several tour operators offering the same service with different quality of service according to the price. Our Jeep Wrangler are recently 2013 and 2014 model all hardtop with air conditioning, an electronic device where guide comments about Sian Ka'an. 3h boat ride, a snack at 11am and 4pm buffet meal, drinks and fruit during the tour. We pick you Up in Minivan.

Can you tell me where do you buy your trip?, Our staff uses a white polo shirt with blue logo.

Kind regards

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
edmonton
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“This was TERRIBLE”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Where do i even start with this one?

I've never had such a crappy excursion as this one.

I booked for my family (2 kids me and my husband) and we were to have jeep we could drive through "natural mexico". Well when we booked, we booked at the hotel. Our concierge called and asked them about prices and they told our rep that our youngest child was free because he was 4. That is nice. We booked for 4, I listened to the rep talk to them, and know it was no fault on her behalf.

well we get there, and they don't have enough room for us all! They said that since my youngest son didn't pay, he didn't have a seat! they made my 4 year old son sit on my lap the entire ride.. which they said was 2 hours, but it turned out to be 3 hours. There AND back.

That's not the worst part - we had to share our jeep with another couple (lovely couple) so there were 4 people in the back seat of this jeep for 3 hours bouncing down a road with my sons head bobbing wildly all over the place. I'm sure the couple did not expect to be doing this trip with kids! And when we booked we specifically asked if we had a jeep to ourselves and they assured us we would. Everyone else did.

They told us they would feed us lunch .. the tour started at 7am before we got a chance to eat at the resort. Well.. we got to the fishing village at noon and everyone got 3 little folded tortillas that were deep fried and filled with nothing. That is all. you could fit them all in your hand at once..

Then we walked through the town and got on boats.. The tour guide tried forcing another couple to send their kids on our boat (they must have a hate on for kids, though if your kids like car rides and boats, it's quite kid friendly .. in theory) and their parents on another boat! Then we circled around the Caribbean sea for 3 hours and saw one turtle (which we searched for for over and hour) and 2 dolphins which we sat and watched come out of the water every 10 minutes or so for 40 minutes.
During this time, the guide did not say a word to us. It was literally 3 hours of silence. There was another couple on the boat with us who spoke french and the guide spoke to them in french to point out a turtle and the dolphins.. but that was it. I don't think there was a language barrier for them, just non informative guides. They also did not seem to enjoy their trip. Then the kids got to snorkel for 10 minutes and we went back for our "lunch" at 4pm. The meal was good, I'll say that much.

Then we drove back for 3 hours.
we managed to switch the childless couple out of our jeep in exchange for 2 kids who we friends of ours.. but we still had 6 people in our jeep and my son still had to sit on my lap.. i just felt horrible for the other couple that was jammed shoulder to shoulder into our jeep with us. It really ruined my trip.

these are not tour guides. They offer no service other than the jeep. It's really overpriced. You don't see much (i saw more wildlife on my resort than the 3 hour trek down the bouncy road) I was very disappointed and I see by other reviews, I'm not alone.

Visited January 2014
14 Thank mizcell
Joel I, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Espacio Natura, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Mizell,

Thanks for your feedback, your story does not match the service provided by our company,
when we have these cases (go show) and there is no place, we offer next day available and return to your hotel. In our company if there is a charge for children and are offered a chair for children. All Jeeps are 4 or 5 people.

I have a question, the staff working for our company, wearing a white shirt with blue logo, maybe you made ​​his tour with another company.

Can you tell me, where he earned his tour? has coupon number? name of guide?

Sorry for your bad experience.
Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Don't do this to yourself!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Six hours of driving through shrubby. I do not understand who could enjoy this, the time in the jeep makes it awful. Many other boat rides, water excursions, wildlife to visit without the drudgery of the jeep ride.

Visited February 2013
5 Thank DeeDeeMichigan
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Don't do it!!!”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I am an adventurer and love the outdoors, but this is ridiculous. The worst car ride of my life, you need a military tank to drive through this road...think Iraq roads, Im not exaggerating. They tell you it's a 2 hour drive when in fact it's a 3.5-4 hour ride. If you are seeking a beautiful beach day just stay in Tulum.

Visited January 2014
7 Thank Diana V
Espacio_Natura, Gerente at Espacio Natura, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Diana,

It is not recommendable to do this by car or minivan, you need a jeep for this road. unfortunately SEMARNAT don't allow chemical (asphalt) material to fix it, could be filtering chemicals in the ground affecting life in biosphere.

thanks for your comment
Gibbons, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Not worth it.”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Long day and just not worth the money. Word of advice take your own snacks and research who you book with. A very long bone jarring day. Dirty beaches and garbage everywhere. Harrassed some dophins..did not see any turtles. Sped through a mangrove to see what ? Nothing! Stopped to swim in a " natural swimming pool ". Out of our whole trip to mexico this was one excursion i was looking foward to and quite frankly was hugley disappointed. Be very careful who you book with.

Visited November 2013