“My new friendly reatreat”

Real Playa del Carmen
Ranked #150 of 212 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 27 January 2014

A great place to stay, and I would definitely stay here again.
Location was great, everything was at close distance. What made the place so attractive was the staff. They were amazing, everyone starting from the bellboy Gustavo, the front desk personal: Claudia, Fabricio, the 2 Carlos, Jesus and others that I do not remember their names, were always friendly and welcoming. The bartenders particularly Freddy, Antonio & Roberto were very professional, friendly, and fun to be with. The staff at restaurant offered a great service with a big smile and kindness, the ones I remember the most were Cristobel, Lilia and Selena.
The entertainment team was super friendly and fun to be with.
I was very surprised to read some nasty comments regarding the hotel personal, I definitely experienced the opposite.
In some occasions I had the pleasure to meet the General Manager Aguado and his assistants, they were very kind and friendly.
Even the security staff was very friendly and professional.
The hotel per se is a bit outdated, but is located in a great location, also is very clean and functional, in other words you get what you paid for, and more.
I like thank all of them (My new Mexican friends) for having a such an unbelievable time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Giovanni D
Playa04, Gerente at Real Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

We really appreciate your time and comments, they are so important for us to improve and motivated us to continuo. We hope that you are coming back again soon. Best Regards.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Beautiful beach.Ok food nice staff ,but watch out the will try to darge you into a time share The tried one at that hotel and us thinking they felt bad They moved us again,but too bully us into a over fourty thousand time share again.Run dont whalk when they ask yo if you would like to know more about the hotel....

Room Tip: A room with a bath tub.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Playa04, Gerente at Real Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

We really apoligize if We could not exceed your expectacions, it is so important for us all your notes which you wrote down, Best Regards.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

1st time trip to Playa del carmen, visited during Christmas Holiday week, the extra PR we received was beyond our expecitions. We are regular travelers yearly, starting from the check in to the all inclusivie meals, housekeeping... We would definely return and also refer our friends to stay...

Room Tip: Very conveince to 5th street BUT also 100% accomindations to our tours...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sylvia A
Playa04, Manager at Real Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you very much indeed for your comments and time, it is so motivated all your notes. We really hope that you are coming back again soon, this is your home in Playa del Carmen.
Best Regards.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This hotel may be ok for a travelling group of young guys who are not really concerned about where they crash after the nightly drinking binges in Playa Del Carmen - but for most other travelers (young women, families), proceed with caution.

This hotel needs a make-over, desperately.

The rooms are dark and the couch covers stained with god-knows what. If you are unlucky enough to get a room in building #1, be prepared for a long, dark and intimidating walk through a jungle to get to your room. Building #1 backs onto a service lane way and parking lot where trucks and deliveries and loud men are always working.
I was (regretfully) placed in building #1, Room 101 and asked to be moved after spending one night in it. The rooms scream "old" and the unwelcome 6 legged creature beside my bed was no icing on my cake either.

Once I was moved to building #6 (right beside front desk) things improved somewhat. The room was better, painted a bright orange and much cleaner and seemed more 'fresh' than the dreaded room 101.

Front desk personnel and security guards were professional and pleasant.

All in all, my advice...spend the extra money and stay in the sister resort Gran Porto Real. Amazing resort, great food, clean rooms and no cucaracchas :)

Room Tip: Avoid Building 1
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Sabby1981
Playa04, Manager at Real Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

First of all, we realy apologize if had a bad experiencie with us, our goal is to satisfied all our guest, we are inmproving service and facilities, we hope that you give us the opportunity to show you that we do care about your comments and hostes you again.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Other than the bed was a bit too hard, there is nothing else I can say negative! The staff were all friendly and so helpful, some of them went above and beyond. The food was awesome. The room was clean and spacious. The grounds were kept immaculately and so was the pool. My fiancé and I are going back next year and bringing our family and friends with us!! We can't wait to see Jesus, Freddy, Selene and the rest of our new Mexican friends again :) Thank you all for a perfect vacation!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LisaT_C2014

We really appreciate your comments, and we thank you for your time, all these motivate us to continuo improving service and facilities. Thank you mentioned some employeess
Hoping that you are coming back again.
At any time you are so welcome,
Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I would never stay at this hotel again. I recognize it has a great location and is cheap compared to similar hotels, however, the service is not good at all. The day I did the check in the lobby personnel wanted to sell me a more expensive room explaining me that the agency booked me a smaller room that the one I requested. The difference in space was little and the difference in price was significant. Also, in two occasions I tried to change my towels and the personnel at the lobby said they did not have clean towels. They said you can change them from 8.30 am to 6pm, however it is not true. On the other hand, the cleaning lady did not leave the number of towels we needed (we were 4 people in the room and she usually left just 2 clean towels) and also she used to take the linens from the sofa bed so we needed to call everyday to the lobby in order to get the towels and sheets we needed. Every time we needed to ask for something at the lobby they were not nice. Sofa bed is not very comfortable.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room at the lower lever, there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Playa04, Manager at Real Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

We really apologize if We could not exceed your expectations, it is so important your notes and comments for us, I already talked with Housekeeper Supervisor so Front Desk Staff to pay attention in your experience you had with us. Best Regards.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I would definitely stay here again, next trip this January. Although this time it will be in Cozumel but we will be back for visit when we take the fairy over to Playa del Carmen. Bartender was eager to here from us.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rick H
Playa04, Manager at Real Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank You very much indeed for your coments, motivate us to continuo working hard and improve service and facilities, we really thank you that you are pretending to combe back, so exciting, Best Regards form all Staff.