“Another great stay at Hacienda Paradise”

Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels
Ranked #39 of 213 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Miami, Florida
“Another great stay at Hacienda Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

Just got back from Playa Del Carmen and we again stayed at Hacienda Paradise. Great rate, clean hotel and room, great staff, very good breakfast....what more to say? You can't go wrong. Thank you again and until next time !

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

I originally chose the Hacienda Paradise in Playa del Carmen because of the many positive reviews that it had received from prior guests. My girlfriend and I originally booked 3 nights at the hotel as our plans were pretty fluid.

The main thing that other reviews have highlighted is the excellent staff and welcoming atmosphere at the hotel. This was evident from the moment I arrived to the moment I left. This hotel really does have the best hotel staff I have ever encountered from the management, to receptionists, to night porters, to kitchen staff, chamber maids and so on. Everyone was so friendly. I really got the feeling that this was genuine too and not fake and part of the job!

Over the period of my month stay I had the pleasure of experiencing a number of rooms. The fact that I moved half a dozen times was by no means the hotels fault, in fact quite the opposite, they always went out of their way to accommodate me when I decided to extend my trip again and again!! All of the rooms were very comfortable and quiet. I don't have a single complaint about any of them. Most days upon my return from an excursion or just the beach a new towel sculpture would invariably be waiting for me in my room cleverly made by the attentive housekeeping staff.

The breakfast was fresh and tasty and included in my room rate. The staff at breakfast always greeted me with a smile and chit chat. I didn't eat at the hotel any other time so I can't comment on their lunch menu.

In the lobby is a concierge service that can book your excursions, taxis, etc. They were super helpful when I had problems with my flight to New York caused by hurricane Irene and spent hours on the phone for me trying to contact my airline.

After my girlfriend had to leave to return home for work another friend of mine came to visit for the week. His second day in Playa was his 30th birthday. I decided it would be fun to get him a traditional Mexican piñata. The hotel went out of their way to organise a small party, including cake and piñata. About 15 members of staff turned up to take part. My friend absolutely loved it!

After my fifth or sixth extension (I forget) it was time to leave for New York. Annoyingly my bank decided at this point to stop my debit card, despite the fact that I had plenty of money in my account. To cut a long story short, this could have been a very stressful experience but again due to the professionalism of the hotel staff a solution was found that satisfied both parties.

In case you haven’t guessed I would not hesitate to return to Hacienda Paradise and would strongly advise anyone planning a trip to Playa to stay at the hotel.

Whilst all staff at the hotel were amazing, I do need to say a special thank you to Robert who put up with my witty banter on a daily basis and laughed at the majority of my jokes!!
Hasta la Vista!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank markod70
Fort Worth Texs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

My husband and I just returned for a week in Playa Del Carmen staying at the Hacienda Paradise. We were there from August 20 through August 27. We had a wonderful time and were very pleased with the hotel. The people were great, the room was nice and the location was wonderful. We did not opt for the breakfast in our room price but did enjoy it on 2 occasions during the week. At $7.50 a person it was one of the most economical meals we had during our vacation!! I would not hesitate to stay there on a return trip.

It is one block from 5th Avenue !!!

Room Tip: We had room 21
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa O
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

We are a couple in their 20s and stayed at the Hacienda Paradise for ten days in May of 2011. We chose this hotel mainly because of the fair price and the many good reviews we'd read on TripAdvisor.
We got there around 4pm and check-in was a breeze. The room was ready and we were located on the first floor. We were reluctant at first to be on the first floor, but we soon realized that we had direct access to the pool from our balcony. The room was very clean, with a comfortable bed,a nice size TV and mini fridge big enough for our many cans of beer. the bathroom was nice and spotless, but at certain specific hours of the day, we had to let the water run for about 5 minutes to get it warm enough, which was not a big deal to us.
We had taken the breakfast plan and were mostly satisfied by the options available for breakfast. There was bread, fresh fruits salad, cold cuts, cheese and usually two warm breakfast options. It did get quite redundant after a week or so, so we ate out a couple of times.
The pool was kept clean at all times and there were most often loungers available. The staff was always friendly and helpful. We left tip for the maid everyday and we'd find the room spotless everytime we came back from the beach. They even folded our clothes! The mamita's beach club itself is pretty close, with a walk of about ten minutes to get there. When we got there early (around 10 am) we'd get the umbrellas and loungers nearest to the beach, but even when we got there around noon, we'd never be without an umbrella. Mamita's is a beautiful beach for Mexico, and it is not rocky at all in comparison to lots of beaches around Playa.
The hotel was close to many restaurants and bars on the 5th Avenue, but not right in the middle of the tourist area. Actually we found out quickly that the most interesting restaurants and barson the 5th were beyond the 20th street. We hung out at La Fe a lot for the cheap beer and nice vibe. Another good thing about being away from the most touristic area was the total absence of noises at night.
Overall, it was almost a perfect trip, and we feel extremely pleased that we chose Hacienda Paradise and not an all inclusive on our second visit to Mexico.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LaurenceSG
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

We read some great reviews about the hotel here on trip advisor, that is why we booked it.
On our first day there, we got back from the beach and wanted to take shower but there was not hot water!!
They kept us waiting for hours until they tried to “fix” the hot water problem. They had no other king rooms available so they could not give us another room as well. Eventually, when I got really angry at them they let us shower in another room (a room with 2 beds).
The day after they gave us a new room with hot water.
The story does not ends here. On the next day we had hot water problem again. This time they fixed it right away, but still, this whole situation really ruined the relaxing part of our vacation. They did not even offered any kind of compensation for this inconvenience, which would be the most appropriate thing to do.

Also, on one of the days they decided that they are closing the pool for the whole day for cleaning without notifying the guests. This was very inconsiderate.

The location is in the center, but it’s 15 minute walk to the beach. Usually a 15 minute walk is ok, but when it’s hot at hell outside, those 15 minutes of walking to the beach feel like 1 hour walk. Another downside is the beach club – playa mamitas. You must get there early to get a sun bed and an umbrella. If you get there after 12, you can have a sun bed, but no umbrellas are left. After 13, there are no sun beds as well.

I do have some good things to say about the hotel:
1. The breakfast was very good.
2. Rooms were very clean.
3. They offered free drinking water\ tea\ coffee at the reception area.
4. There are computers for guest use and you can also use the printer. This was very convenient since we could do our online check in for the flight and print our boarding passes.

Overall – I would not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jannagu
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

Playa del Carmen is the perfect destinaton for tourists who like to avoid the all inclusive hotels and the Hacienda Paradise was the ideal choice for our 2 week stay. The staff are really friendly, helpful and accomodating and were always keen to make sure your stay was enjoyable. The rooms are a good size, with a really comfy bed and very welcome air con and fan! The rooms were kept spotlessly clean and there were more than enough clean towels, complimentary toiletries and loo paper! It was quite a treat to get back at the end of each day to see what shape the cleaner would have made with the towels, ranging from swans to teddy bears. There was always plenty of hot water and the hairdryer is good enough to leave yours at home. The pool area was always kept clean and tidy and was a good retreat at the end of a hot day. There was rarely anyone else using the pool and it was quiet and calm. We stayed on a room only basis but breakfast is available. The food was good for a light breakfast on the first couple of days but there are plenty more options just a 5 min walk away. There is a fridge in the room but no self catering facilities. The hotel itself is in a fantastic location just 2 mins from 5th Avenue where an endless supply of shops bars and restaurants can be found. 5th Ave is 2km long and great to stroll up and down in the evenings and there is plenty of choice if you like to try different restaurants each night. Many of the side streets leading off from 5th Avenue also have restaurants and bars which tend to be slightly cheaper than the ones actually on 5th Avenue. The street that runs adjacent to 5th avenue is also good for restaurants and bars and is also where the main Scotiabank can be found. 5th Ave runs all the way to the harbour where there are many agents selling trips and excursions. Make sure you shop around a bit as they all offer exactly the same trips on the same buses and boats etc but the prices really vary. Also, check the exact details of the trips as they will often tell you that you will be taking part in a whole host of activities that either don't happen or need paying for separately, on the day. The beach is about a 5/10 min walk away from the hotel and is a beautiful white sand beach that stretches for literally miles. The hotel provides beach towels and offers sunbeds etc at discount prices through hotels based on the beach. We had a fantastic holiday in Playa del Carmen and would definately go back and would definately stay at the Hacienda Paradise again, it was great value and an excellent place to stay on our first trip to Mexico.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank leekarm
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

Although difficult to copy, this hotel could almost be used as a template for how to get it right.

Set just a stone's throw from the 5th avenue, this lovely little hotel has very comfortable rooms and enough Mayan chocolate in the refrigerator to keep you smiling. It is very close to the hustle and bustle of the 5th avenue, but for peace and quiet you can stretch out in one of the hammocks around the pool and marvel at their mojitos. And if you like, you'll make a couple of amigos along the way.

There's always something to surprise you at breakfast time, it's all freshly made and the service is great. From scrambled eggs and mexican sausages to pancakes and french toast, there's something for everyone. It's all about the staff here and everyone's attentive and willing to give you some tips about what you can do in the immediate area and beyond.

And for those all day excursions, you can fill your water bottle up for free, along with coffee, tea and biscuits, and you'll get access to a pretty good wifi network 24/7. Our only qualm is the mini-bar replenishment process. Not everything you take one day is replaced the next, so keep an eye on the itemised bill as it might need a second look.

This was our first visit to Mexico and we were completely captivated. We'll certainly be back one day to say hola.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple