This was not our first trip to Playa Del Carmen, but it was our first time staying in a hotel that wasn't on the beach. Playa is growing at a tremendous rate and we wanted to stay away from the bus depot and the boom boom night clubs and Hacienda was the perfect location.
We were greeted upon arrival with drinks, cold cloths and smiles. The staff here is very accomodating and extremely friend. I had read a "few" reviews here and Giuseppe's name had been mentioned so I asked to meet the man himself. Giuseppe seemed to be a fairly busy man, but always made time to stop and say hello and ask how the stay was going. And of course, I can definitely appreciate that.
The rooms were filled with nice, but large furniture. The beds were extremely comfortable, which you probably know, reading other hotel reviews. A soft bed is difficult to come by in Mexico! Great bathrooms and yes, once I figured out how to turn on the AC, nice cool evenings encouraged a great nights sleep.
Friends of ours canceled at the last minute and jokingly we asked Giuseppe for an upgrade since they've already paid. Well, he let us have the master suite one night since it wasn't booked. Yes, as a second room. It was VERY nice. Thank you Giuseppe!!!
The pool was larger than I had thought since there were so many reviews that said it was tiny. It's not huge by any means, but you certainly won't hit the other side if you dive in! There is a bigger boutique hotel going up right next door so you see that from the pool but it wasn't a hassle to us at all. They kept the pool very clean and put out beach towels with flowers on them every morning. (just be careful in the walkway outside the rooms... it can be a little slippery if you've just gotten out of the pool. I found out the hard way, ouch! ) As for the "noise"... well you're IN playa.. so yes, you MIGHT hear an occassional car drive by, but it was by no means too much to handle.
There's a cafe type area that serves a continental breakfast, nothing fancy, but it'll do the trick, especially for me, since I don't really "do" breakfast. Coffee, cereal, scrambled eggs, Chiliquito's... worked just fine for us!
Mamita's beach club is a short walk away and you can get the discount coupons and beach towels at the front desk at Hacienda. Definitely a great deal!
All in all, our trip to Hacienda Paradise was a fantastic one and we would most certainly go back. For claiming to be a "tiny" boutique hotel, it sure was big on customer service and satisfaction. Definitely a "must visit" in my book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private oasis of elegance and seduction in the heart of Playa del Carmen. This stylish hotel offers a unique and memorable holiday experience in the idyllic setting of the cosmopolitan and coastal city of Playa del Carmen.Hacienda Paradise enjoys an excellent location close to the famous 5th Avenue and its numerous shops, restaurants and bars. Located between the 10th Avenue and the famous "Quinta Avenida" (5th Avenue), pedestrian walkway only two blocks away from the Caribbean Sea, this Boutique hotel offers relax and comfort steps away from some of the most beautiful powder white sandy and turquoise crystalline water the Mayan Riviera has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel By Xperience Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel Hacienda Paradise Boutique
- Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel By Xperience Hotels Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen