“Great location, lovely staff, personal service”

Hacienda Paradise Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels
Ranked #52 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Melbourne, Australia
“Great location, lovely staff, personal service”
Reviewed 3 February 2010

I stayed at this hotel with a friend after a conference we both attended in november 2009. The staff were absolutely lovely and incredibly helpful with our many requests and questions. As we only had 3 nights here we wanted to get the most out of our stay and the concierge, Jorge, was wonderful in giving us directions to good restaurants, interesting landmarks and booking us on a great tour. The rooms were clean and well looked after. The special touches the cleaning staff put into the rooms after servicing always brought a smile to our faces. Breakfast was also included and done well. The hotel is close to the main shopping strip with lots of shops and places to eat. It is also close to the beach and the staff more than happy to provide us with towels, beach club vouchers and directions. The free internet and cold bottled water were great little extras. While we were obviously just one room among many, the staff made us feel like the only ones there by remembering our names, room numbers, and details of conversations we had, giving it a personal feel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank pokeythescientist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Hebrew first
Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 February 2010

First, I'll start with the issue: I booked the room online for 5 nights through their website. It was all paid for upfront. When I arrived, they didn't have confirmation of my reservation! Even after I showed them the printout, I was simply given a headshake. I pressed a little bit more and the man went into some room and came back and indeed found my reservation. But he said that the rate was different and I had to pay $5/more per night. I said 'no'. I paid in full already. After some consideration, he backed down. This is NOT how one should start their vacation....being stressed out.

After checking in, I didn't have to deal with the front desk again. So, everything was fine. The hotel itself is beautiful!! The grounds/pool area are very well kept. My room was the nicest room I've stayed in in a budget or moderate priced hotel. I had a huge king bed with oversized pillows. T.V. and wetbar. I loved the bathroom!! Nice fixtures!! I had a balconey room overlooking the pool. Great Security at night!!I

I used their transportation service to and from the airport. They were waiting for me when I arrived with my name on a sign. Very nice!!

I'd stay here again. I'm just leery about the check in process. Especially when I paid in full.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Vanessa T
Boston, MA
Reviewed 31 January 2010

We really enjoyed this hotel. The location was great, the rooms were very nice and comfortable. The bed was super comfortable. We did the xperience deal so we had passes to the beach club included as well as drinks from the mini bar.

The bathroom was clean, good shower and well thought out design with shelf space to spread out.

There was a net book in the room as well as free wifi which was very convenient.

The staff was very welcoming and friendly.

The breakfast was included and pretty decent - buffet style - eggs, toast, granola, yogurt, pancakes some days, crepes others.

We spent 4 days here and 4 days at the hotel Alhambra and we greatly preferred this hotel. I'll review Alhambra separately.

We would return to Hacienda Paradise.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Greenie-300
Superior
Reviewed 28 January 2010

We stayed at the Hacienda Paradise in mid January. We were on our way to Tulum to a bed and breakfast there and decided to add a couple of days in Playa. All of the staff at Hacienda were just great. They were very communicative with me via the internet before we arrived, answering questions promptly. We were greeted very warmly upon our arrival and check-in went very smoothly. Our room was very pleasant and the bed was great. I really enjoyed the towel art each day and the extra of petals on the bed. The pool area is lovely and we enjoyed sitting on our little balcony. The high speed internet worked great- my Skype call to my daughter was better reception than when we are down the block from one another! The breakfasts were very nice and there was a good variety, with egg dishes as well. We really enjoyed the location- just a couple of blocks from 5th Ave. The walk to Mamita's beach club was short and our advertised free passes were exactly that. We had no problems with that at all, so I'm not sure what others were referring to. It was cool and windy the day we were there, but we went to the beach anyway and read our books there. The service was friendly and we enjoyed our time there. Our only negatives were that there was quite a bit of street noise in our room. We put on the air conditioner to try to block the noise, but it wasn't able to compete. And we could see how the air conditioner would not really cool the room as well as we would want in warmer months due to the location over the door in the foyer to the room. I would stay at the Hacienda again, but probably not in the summer (but we really like our room cool and quiet)

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HGH
b.c.
Reviewed 27 January 2010

we stayed here with another couple and had a great time,the rooms were clean cosy comfortable and the beds were so soft .this hotel is such a great value for money and it includes a great breakfast and free internet.checkin was a breeze and he even offered us cold drinks and wet clothes to wash up with. we walked the block over to 5th ave and had a great dinner and drinks at a cute mexican restaurant,we wanted to go for more margaritas and ended up near our hotel at another cute place.i had booked this place for our friends and us because of the awesome reviews on trip advisor and wasn't dissapointed.thanks hacienda for a great nites stay, if we are back at playa we will stay again...

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
seattle
Reviewed 26 January 2010

Our two night stay at Hacienda Paradise was more than I expected. The location off of 5th - pedestrian street only - was perfect. Close to multiple restaurants, shops and bars. There was construction going on next door but our room location prevented us from hearing any noise whatsoever. I found the front desk staff helpful and concerned that our stay was anything but positive. In fact they asked that we fill out their comment card prior to leaving so that if there were any issues they could be dealt with before our departure. The rooms were clean and we always looked forward to the artwork of our towels on our return from the day. (you will need to stay there to understand) Breakfast was very good and they have a expresso machine that makes great lattes. We were a party of 10 and all were very happy with their rooms and short stay. We also took advantage of the spa and had a wonderful massage from trained massage therapists - not to miss.
If you have been to Playa del Carmen, but not in the last couple of year,s it has transformed itself into a definite tourist destination.

Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
Scranton
Reviewed 24 January 2010

Hacienda Paradise in Playa del carmen is an excellent hotel for those of you interested in great guest service with no attitude. The Hotel is in the center of everything. The location is one block from Quinta Avenida and very close to the beach. It is easy access to the clubs, shops and entertainment throughout the Quinta. The Staff is highly attentive and overly considerate. The managers where so wonderful and like to establish a friendly and respectful relationship with every guest. One things to note. The pool there is not heated. I had no problem with that because neither is the ocean. I enjoyed the cool dip, especially when the weather was hot.
I would highly recommend Bepe and his team at the restaurant, they do an excellent job and work really hard. I will stay there again. Andrew

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business