The Viceroy is great for couples and singles who want a beach front location and luxurious privacy. The villas are all tucked away and have their own outdoor plunge pool, shower, hammock.......The rooms are beautifully designed and very comfortable.
The jungle setting is lovely. Not intimidating at all since it's beachfront and there are other hotels on both sides. Saw monkeys, lizards, interesting birds. A little nature-filled oasis.
We did the all-inclusive option and thought it was good. Happy to eat there every day -- good food, variety...lovely beachfront setting.. Service was usually very good. Slipped occasionally (slow) but the pace of the place is fairly slow and relaxed so it didn't matter much. There was a little confusion on what was and wasn't included - but all got resolved with a visit to the front desk.
The spa was a disappointment only because we signed up for 3 different treatments and it all got confused and we ended up with odd hybrids of the original bookings. They were very apologetic. The spa is pleasant and outdoor treatments are possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 35 minutes from Cancun International Airport and three miles from popular Playa del Carmen, Viceroy Riviera Maya is a serene hideaway set on the turquoise Caribbean amid a lush jungle ambiance. As Riviera Maya’s #1 resort in Conde Nast Traveler’s 2011 Readers’ Choice Awards, Viceroy offers world-class amenities, personalized pampering, exquisitely appointed villa accommodations with private patio and plunge pool, refined Mexican cuisine accented with international touches at La Marea and Mexican-Mediterranean fare at the seaside Coral Grill. Mayan influences abound, from the Mayan Blessing performed on arrival by the resort’s Shaman to the Mayan healing techniques offered at the award-winning spa. A Lagoon Pool, private pier, fitness center and traditional temazcal sweatlodge are among the resort’s many other pleasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travelbag, MrandMrsSmith, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Viceroy Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Tides Riviera Maya Hotel
- Tides Riviera Maya Resort
- Ikal Del Mar
- Viceroy Riviera Maya Mexico - Playa Del Carmen