After 7 nights of roughing it south of Playa Del Carmen, we booked the Viceroy for our last night before heading back to the US. Our welcome to the hotel was 5 star, with our host offering a shady spot to rest, a fresh coconut drink and a tour of the property. Our villa was absolutely stunning with plenty of space, great lighting, a private pool, hammock, outdoor shower, marble bath, flip flops and robes for all three of us and custom hand made soap cut fresh just for us. The beach here is stunning and everyone who waited on us was interesting in pleasing our needs. The breakfast and lunch we had were pretty tasty, but the dinner could have passed for cafeteria food..all three of our dinners were extremely sub par and it took over 30 minutes for dessert and about 20 minutes for the bill with only three other tables seated in the restaurant.
I should note that the villas are in a jungle setting and a short walk to the beach. Also, note that a basic breakfast with juice, poached eggs and fruit for three cost $100US so be prepared for the extra $$.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 35 minutes from Cancun International Airport and three miles from popular Playa del Carmen, Viceroy Riviera Maya is a serene hideaway set on the turquoise Caribbean amid a lush jungle ambiance. As Riviera Maya’s #1 resort in Conde Nast Traveler’s 2011 Readers’ Choice Awards, Viceroy offers world-class amenities, personalized pampering, exquisitely appointed villa accommodations with private patio and plunge pool, refined Mexican cuisine accented with international touches at La Marea and Mexican-Mediterranean fare at the seaside Coral Grill. Mayan influences abound, from the Mayan Blessing performed on arrival by the resort’s Shaman to the Mayan healing techniques offered at the award-winning spa. A Lagoon Pool, private pier, fitness center and traditional temazcal sweatlodge are among the resort’s many other pleasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and TripOnline SA so you can book your Viceroy Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Tides Riviera Maya Hotel
- Tides Riviera Maya Resort
- Ikal Del Mar
- Viceroy Riviera Maya Mexico - Playa Del Carmen