I found this hotel while searching for someplace out of the ordinary for my honeymoon. I was lured by the beautiful photos on the website and convinced my husband we HAD to go. We initially booked for three nights and planned to travel to an all-inclusive down the road for an additional week. We booked The Tides at the start of our vacation "in case" we were disappointed and had the AI to look forward to. Boy, we were mistaken! The Tides is paradise on earth. Everything was more beautiful than we imagined.
Our villa was 14 (and later 18) which was close to the pool and ocean. We ventured into the plunge pool daily, though I could not flee from the bugs and therefore was back inside the villa fairly quickly. My husband had no problems with bugs- luckily the villa was a safe haven for me. The bed was cozy and the bathroom was nice for two. The soaps and oils were divine. Service was outstanding from the moment we woke up with coffee and tea on our patio, to the assistance on the beach with our chairs/towels to the lovely open air restaurant for anytime dining. We desired quiet, beautiful surroundings and relaxation and that is exactly what The Tides gave us.
Upon arriving at the AI, we immediately called our travel agent and requested he get us back to The Tides. Two days later we were welcomed back warmly by the whole staff and completed our honeymoon in peace and contentment. This beautiful boutique was a splurge, but we enjoyed every moment of it and plan on returning as soon as we are able.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 35 minutes from Cancun International Airport and three miles from popular Playa del Carmen, Viceroy Riviera Maya is a serene hideaway set on the turquoise Caribbean amid a lush jungle ambiance. As Riviera Maya’s #1 resort in Conde Nast Traveler’s 2011 Readers’ Choice Awards, Viceroy offers world-class amenities, personalized pampering, exquisitely appointed villa accommodations with private patio and plunge pool, refined Mexican cuisine accented with international touches at La Marea and Mexican-Mediterranean fare at the seaside Coral Grill. Mayan influences abound, from the Mayan Blessing performed on arrival by the resort’s Shaman to the Mayan healing techniques offered at the award-winning spa. A Lagoon Pool, private pier, fitness center and traditional temazcal sweatlodge are among the resort’s many other pleasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Viceroy Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Riviera Maya Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Tides Riviera Maya Hotel
- Tides Riviera Maya Resort
- Ikal Del Mar
- Viceroy Riviera Maya Mexico - Playa Del Carmen