The Palm at Playa
US$463
US$445
  • Breakfast included
Banyan Tree Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,620
US$1,546
BanyanTree.com
US$605
US$587
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$337
US$495
US$425
BlueBay
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,474
US$1,080
Hotels.com
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,342
US$868
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$675
US$353
  • Beachfront
US$453
US$439
US$1,001
US$536
1,806 results
All reviewsrooftop poolloft roomincluded breakfasttravel conciergefacing the streetrestaurant downstairsdouble showerhotel restaurantalfredochilaquilesthe location is perfectamazing hotellounge arearestaurants and shopspool staffyogurtfifth avenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2014

So, I spent loads and loads of time researching hotels in Playa and narrowed it down to this and Deseo. Deseo sounded even noisier and so in the end I opted for The Palm. We were only in Playa for one night, the night we arrived in Mexico and wanted to have a good base to explore the town and go out for a few drinks, as well as have exciting mod cons like air conditioning, as we were heading off to Tulum to stay on the beach...

As it turned out our flight was delayed, we were both tired and we arrived at about 10pm. The room was great - we stayed in a Loft room, it had a living area, large bedroom with really, really comfy bed. I found beds in Mexico on the whole are really hard.

Huge double shower with a glass divide which is in between the two rooms, great for a couple but maybe not so for friends sharing a room.

Breakfast buffet also exceeded my expectations and as well as fruit, pastries and the like, they also had some Mexican items including chilaquiles.

The public areas are also great, the ground floor courtyard garden, and the tiles up the side of the building, are very stylish and the rooftop pool area is amazing - I spent some time here in the morning before we left and was actually pretty sad to go.

On check in we were told we had to pay in the morning, though I had an email from expedia. Stating I had already. They agreed to look into this and it was all sorted by checkout that morning.

The main drawback is the loud karaoke bar across Calle Ocho from the hotel, I wasn't sure what to expect but it was loud, traditional Mexican music with loud singing and stopped at about 4.45 (I timed it)

While I was sleeping off post-flight tiredness my husband went over there and had a few drinks (20 pesos a beer!) and said that it was an 'experience'. So there you go!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the other side of the hotel, the noise is as bad as they say.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ellieaness
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We used a Interval International Getaway to book this Hotel. It looked good in pictures. I read a lot of reviews about the Hotel before we got there, so I was able to request a room in the back away from the general street noise. The Hotel is 1/2 block from 5th avenue the main street in Playa as well as 2 blocks from the Ocean. It's a 10 minutes walk to the Ferry to Cozumel. The rooms were pretty big, but had a lot of wasted space. it was basically a beautiful Hotel room with a King bed, Huge shower for two with dual rain-shower heads in a 12 foot by 6 foot enclosure. unfortunately there was not a lot of drawer space for placing clothes. We had to ask for more hangers, which they politely did as well as extra toilet paper twice. They other room has a couch, large lounger, sink with a faucet, a high table with 2 chairs, and not much else. They should have placed a small refrigerator, microwave, and coffeemaker in the room. the street noise was pretty well blocked but the top pool deck becomes a disco at around 8:00 pm with loud pumping music until about 1:00 am. During the day, the rooftop has breathtaking views of Isla Cozumel and the Caribbean Sea. It is a great place to hang out during the day with poolside beverage and food service. The overall Theme of the Hotel is Modern and very clean. I might mention that everyone at the resort was extremely friendly and helpful, especially "Rebecca and Moises " on the roof top deck as well as "Angel, Rosa, and Kevin at the desk. If the above items were included in the room it might rate a 3.5 to a 4 star, but for now it's a solid three star. Also, if you book into the Hotel from Interval International, then you don't get the free breakfast Buffet included with a regular room booking. Overall, I would not hesitate to stay there again for the price. One other thing, the beds were a comfortable as any Hotel bed that I have ever slept on. Good bed comfort ranks high with my enjoyment of a Hotel.

Room Tip: Book a room away from the front of 8th street where the front of the Hotel is if you want relative quiet. Also, bring earplugs just in case.
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Torn by this experience. We stayed one night and it was great. New, clean, big rooms with excellent dual showers. Great location. Phenomenal roof pool and bar (music a bit loud). Would have been 5 stars but....the checkout was a scam.

Upon checkout I was informed I owed more money because of currency conversion error on the website. Background: I had booked the room on the hotel website about 3 months earlier for $160 USD + $20 USD tax for $180 total. I had the print out and so did the front desk. I was not expecting to pay another dime. The front desk said I owed another $10 USD because the website used the wrong conversion rate. I replied this was not my problem. Front desk did not budge. I pushed back very strongly saying I paid the price on the hotel website (not a third party) and that was the hotel's problem and they could eat the difference. Because it was a small amount and we were in a hurry I paid it but informed the hotel I would be dinging them in TripAdvisor. It was the principal of the thing. I considered my room paid in full and did not appreciate being scammed on the way out.

I travel a ton and this was the first time something like this happened.

Room Tip: The street is loud so ask to be on the interior rooms if you want to sleep or are a light sleeper.
6  Thank bjott
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Our 4 night stay at your beautiful hotel with the lovely facility and rooftop bar and pool ended with great dissatisfaction.
We always ask for a quiet room. And when we checked in the front desk the help said the room would be noisy and we couldn't be moved due to the high occupancy. What we didn't know was that a disco across the street starts up at 11 and goes till 4 am. Unbearable deep vibrating bass. On top of this, the hotel starts up their own roof top disco for a couple hours also on Fri and Sat nights. And the dj seemed to go unsupervised and cranked up his volume and base too. Unbelievable. Our first aggravation filled sleepless night at the hotel finally ended mercifully at 4 am.
Having said all this, we must say that the hotel in and of itself was beautiful, newly built and well done,,with contemporary ultra large glass enclosed showers placed directly in the middle of the very large room.
As nice as some rooms at the hotel are, We cannot recommend this hotel to others, unless you are younger and want to stay up all night dancing and drinking.

5  Thank happyherbie
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend without our 3 year old! We had a great adult time! The pool is amazing, the drinks were so nice and fresh, our room was gorgeous and huge, and the staff was absolutely incredible. We like the nightlife so we chose a street facing room....and with a few cocktails at dinner...we weren't bothered by any noise at all like some reviewers wrote. The staff gave us a great recommendation for a taxi driver to take us around for the day....I highly recommend it! He rocked...we went to Akumal to snorkel with turtles, to the ruins in Tulum, swimming in a rustic cenote and to a variety of food and bevi places. But back to the hotel...we are super hotel people....we own a boutique hotel and we love to visit others....I think this is the best boutique hotel in Playa and there are lots! Stay here! Only bad comment....breakfast was horrid...but we didn't know it was included so no loss!

Room Tip: We got a "loft" room and loved it! It had a separate chill area with a couch bed thing and tv...dual rain showers a nice touch. Bed like heaven.
1  Thank Griffystamps