“Awesome Find”
Review of Casa Freud

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa del Carmen
Casa Freud
Reviewed 25 January 2011

My wife and I are in our mid-20s and try to take a trip about every 6 months. I usually do the extensive research and happened to find this nice little place right in the middle of everything. We rented the Suite 192 for seven nights and had a great stay. Like I mentioned, the hotel is in the middle of everything and a short walk from the ADO bus station (safe & great deal). It is really nice and well done. The only down side is the loud live music played nightly next door (9pm-12am if I remember correctly). The musicians are great but can be a downer if your the type that likes to wind down earlier than most in Playa. Great Value. We are already trying to get a group of friends to go next year and we will stay at Posada Freud for sure.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank levi760

Reviewed 31 December 2010

We ended up staying at this hotel for 10days. The staff are very friendly and always willing to give advice on all maters ie. travel. The effort the owner goes to on all the little things around the property and in the room are beautiful. I would strongly recommend staying at this property as it is excellent value in a great location. Situated on 5th Avenue but set in a beautiful garden surrounding.
Good luck and enjoy Mexico!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loshkaj
Reviewed 27 November 2010

This review is long overdue but I had to write about our stay at this charming hotel. Nestled among fragrant almond trees, Hotel Posada Freud was the perfect hotel for our stay in Playa. Right in the middle of the strip, this hotel has easy access to shops, restaurants, bars and is a short walk to the beach.

The room accommodations were modest but we had everything we needed. We stayed in a suite that was always clean, had a comfortable king size bed, ac, private terrace, and fridge. I especially enjoyed laying in the hammock on the terrace every night where I could listen to the lively band play next door. Because of this though, if you're a light sleeper I would request a room that's farther in the back.

The duration of our trip was a week and every night we'd have a drink with the bartender, Miguel, who worked downstairs. He was such a friendly and warm person, we enjoyed his company very much. This bar is located directly on the strip so it is a great place to people watch, relax, and just unwind from the day.

If you like charming hotels that really enhance your experience, then I highly recommend Hotel Posada Freud. It was extremely affordable but still fulfilled our requirements for a clean, charming, comfortable, and fun experience. If we ever return to Playa (and I hope we do!) we are definitely staying at this hotel again.

-Aubrey and Leslie

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Les_Les28
Reviewed 25 November 2010

When we first started trawling the Internet for a hotel in Playa Del Carmen, this was actually the first hotel we found. Even though we went on to check out numerous hotels on the Net, this is the one we decided upon.We booked it without any problem several months ago and have regularly looked at their site in the months leading up to the holiday. When we got there the hotel was exactly how we imagined it. We were lucky enough to get (in our opinion) the best room - the studio in room 5. This has a balcony (+ hammock) overlooking 5th Avenue, a massive bed, a great shower, a fridge for cooling those drinks and plenty of room to relax. We spent a lot of time on the balcony observing the activity on the street below.The room was cleaned every day and the maids used to arrange the towels in the shape of swans etc. We read all the earlier reviews complaining about the noise, particularly the rock bands playing the bar next door, but this did not bother us at all. In fact we liked it, even managing to fall asleep on the balcony on one occasion whilst cover versions of AC/DC, Bon Jovi and similar tunes were blasting out next door. The hotel is in an excellent location and is good value for money. All the staff were helpful and friendly and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2010

If you are looking for a nice, cozy, clean, relaxing, affordable hotel thats right in the middle of everything, then this is it!..... I think of it as a tree house for grown ups. It is nestled between huge trees and all the bed rooms have a patio or terrace with a hameck but at the same time it has all the amenities thats you will need from a hotel. I discovered playa del carmen earlier this year at the same time the first hotel i stayed at was hotel posada freud, i've now been there 3 times and every time i try 1 or 2 new hotels but always manage to spend at least one night here, the staff is great and the rooms are always super clean, not to mention that the rooms are all a little bit different so you always get a nice surprise. I plan to be back soon, hopefully in december for my birthday and be sure i will be visiting hotel posada freud one more time:)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank morenarpmty
Reviewed 3 August 2010

My girlfriend and I did a round-trip in Yucatan this July wich started off at the Posada Freud in Playa (as we were told to leave out Cancun). As it turned out this was a perfect match for us as the Posada Freud is right in the center spot of Playa, meaning close to the beach, bars and restaurants we enjoyed so much. Moreover, we love the character of this small hotel which we prefer to the huge and (in our view) anonymous all-inclusive tourist-towers we saw all over the coast of this beautiful peninsula. Our room was clean and very charming - it had AC, a fridge and a nice balcony.
Concerning the noise issue: In contrast to some other reviewers we even enjoyed the bars and the live music next to the hotel which added up to our vacation feeling. Sure, this depends on individual needs - but in a holiday, in that kind of a city, we prefer not to go to sleep before midnight anyway. When trying to have a quiet and peaceful holiday I am not exactly sure if I would decide for Playa at all as it is the vibrating life is which makes this city so attractive.
Anyway, what made our stay complete (and the reason for my first tripadvisor review) was the help of the hotel owner Christine. She is originally from Austria and therefore speaks German. She was very helpful in giving us advice and tips for our trip through Yucatan demonstrating a huge amount of local knowledge and pointing out some nice beaches, cenotes, maya-sites and so forth, which was a big help for us. We even returned to the Posada Freud in the middle of our trip on our way back up towards the Isla de Mujeres (recommendation!). We were suprised that our second double-room looked almost completely different, again having a very charmful atmosphere.
So if you are looking for an affordable and unique place with a helpful and fun staff right in the hot-spot of Playa this is the place (or at least, a great place) to go!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Basically I can say that I reserved for a two bedroom and I got one bedroom, I mentionned this to the owner which only told me every room is different and could not describe all of them in the website.. (which is misleading people.. it read you may have one queen OR two doubles... anyway.. other than this "good surprise", I got my second one... only could find some peace after 2:00 am, as there is a bar by the entrance and they close by 2:00.. So if you stay there make sure to ask the description of the room.. don t assume that the website is right.. and better join the party!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Maya067
posadafr, Owner at Casa Freud, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2010

Hallo Miss!
To clear up the misunderstanding, you orderd in your reservation mail a STANDARD room, not adding, that you will come with 2 kids, not asking for 2 beds. We have 4 standard rooms, 2 biger ones, both with 2 double beds, bathroom, terrace, hammock and frige bar. The other 2 standard rooms, both with 1 queensize bed, bathroom, terrace or garden with hammock, frige bar, "TV, AC, SAFETY BOX" (which the 2 biger standard rooms don´t have!). you got the standard room with 1 queensize bed. Next day I asked you to change to a 2 bed standard room,
but you prefered the room you had got because you were using the employee´s kitchen near the garden. Normaly the kitchen is not for guest use.
Christine