Have just returned from the Ocean Maya Royale and can honestly say this was the best holiday out of 5 in the Mayan Riviera yet! The staff were unbelievable - Dulche (Sweety), Luis (who never ever went home), Fernando, Jobina, and all of the entertainment staff were just the best! The grounds were kept in immaculate condition by the hard workers. And I am not sure what the rest of you expected with the food but we felt it was the best out of the 4 resorts we have stayed in and really enjoyed the food - every night!!! The fact that there was no children at the resort (thankfully) this kept the hot-dogs, hamburgers and pizza to a minimum - thank God!! The drinks were stupendous and I honestly can't find one thing that I could complain about at all! The rooms were very large and kept so very clean. As for the beach - the staff were up before dawn trying to keep it clean and in case no one mentioned it the wind was relentless but to the best of my knowledge - the hotel can't control that!! If you had walked down the beach - some of the hotels were much worse than this!!
We had booked a "Ocean View" room to start with and weren't really impressed with the view when we got there and all we had to do was ask for a better room and we were moved immediately - can't say this has ever happened before at any other resort! Thanks to Dulche aka Sweetie!! I believe the fact that this is an adults only resort makes it much friendly and we met so many wonderful people there from all over - the UK (Chris & Linda & Lorraine & her husband), Steve and the group from Iowa and of course my new pool buddies from Sarnia (Larry the cable guy & John Candy & Stacey and the rest of you - way too much fun). And I particularly glad I didn't meet Marissa from wherever as she has a pretty lousy attitude as well as lousy spelling and grammar! There is just no pleasing some folks! We would return to the Ocean Maya Royale in a heartbeat and probably will next year! The weather was not really the best but who can order that up! As one of the pool guys said - it's all inclusive that means the weather too!! It's all in the attitude folks!! And please try and remember - you are not paying the same price as you would at Secrets or a Rui hotel!! And as for the plane "malfunction" - something else we can't control! And kudos to Transat for putting us up at the Moon Palace - not the type of place for me but entirely lovely just way too big! I honestly feel that if you aren't happy at the Ocean Maya Royale resort - you just aren't a happy person and stay home!! Wonderful people, staff and resort in general!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen