We travelled with a group of 7 including 3 college age kids on their spring break. Being that this is an adults only hotel we planned that they would be the youngest there and they were but overall they had a good time.
Our stay was great, as referenced by many others the grounds are well maintained. We did notice that some days the housekeeping didn't get wrapped up until close to 5, but we are certain that it was a result of them cleaning and prepping rooms that were being turned over for new guests, which I know we certainly appreciated being able to get into our rooms a few hours ahead of the normal check in time. Overall housekeeping did a great job and the mini bar was refilled daily and they even made adjustments for our preference of no caffeine.
Overall the food was decent. We did notice that the bufffet tending to be very similar each day at lunch and we only took in dinner once at the buffet and it was good. For breakfast we ate their each morning and found it to be a good selection with the fresh omelet bar a great option and they were made right to order. Chef Nick at the Japanese restaurant was outstanding. He made our meal very enjoyable and helped up celebrate a birthday with someone in our party. I highly suggest getting a spot at the grill.
We found the beach and pool area very clean and pleasant. We didn't notice that the pool with the swim up bar to be that much crazier, although any mid day activities due take place there and the activities team does a great job of getting people involved.
The highlight of our visit was getting to know and spending alot of time with the three bar tenders at the pool Bar. Antonio "Tony Cruise, Tom's brother", Miguel, and Ignacio were fantasitic and got to now our drinks and were quick with service, a hello, or to give us a hard time and they really made the time fun. We really enjoyed the afternoon rainstorm under the pool bar on our last day when we were the very few out braving the weather. They went out of their way to entertain and provide fun drinks to try.
Overall we had a great week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and TravelUp so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen