The resort itself is nice, there are some opportunities for improvement in various places. However, the staff made our vacation a memorable one. To name a few people we'll never forget:
Oli, Victor, Octonio, and Eber. We had daily interactions with these guys and they went above and beyond to show us the best part of hospitality in Mexico. From recommendations of attractions, to the making of a drink, jokes, and shared traveler stories...each exchange was something to share when we got home. I will say, the food was not well received with our party. I know everyone now is a "self proclaimed" foodie...but there is much room for improvement. There are different cuisines throughout the resort, the best experience was the Thursday night Mexican buffet and celebration in the courtyard. Guess... stick to what you know. The SPA was amazing, we had a couples massage right on the beach, well worth it. Also, a hidden gem is near this resort. If you walk along the beach to the left of the main part of the beach, past a few resort fronts. You'll find a private, beautiful green water lagoon. A MUST SEE ask the pool bar guys they'll tell you. Last but not least, the place isn't much of a party place, some nights that's not so bad. However, the resident DJ should be fired, he was rude at any approach during all events he was in charge of. Not exactly welcoming and not going to stay on for a second later. So if the dance is going great...when they say ends at 11:00pm expect 10:59pm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen