This is an excellent resort in a very nice setting. The staff is what really makes this resort. From start to finish they go all out to please you. The food was no better or worse than any other all inclusive. It is a buffet after all. My only negative comment would be that the front desk at check in and out is a little slow. Just keep that in mind a lower your expectations and more importantly allow yourself a little extra time to check in and out. The entertainment staff are excellent. These folks have an amazing work ethic and are very genuine. They are the pulse of this resort even if their speedos are a little tight (holy banana hammock). Overall very highly recommended. An outstanding family resort with plenty of time for relaxation a good quality family time. I would not hesitate in very highly recommending this resort and we will return.
1. Coffee is weak so stick to lattes. The bartender opens at 0900 and he makes a latte better than any starbucks.
2. Beds are hard so be prepared. Ask for extra pillows first thing.
3. In the Mexican restaurant order Mexican food, In the Italian restaurant order Italian food and you wont be disappointed.
4. Try the Mojitos they rock.
5. No need to bring towels they have lots.
6. Although there is no expectation to tip it would be a a good idea to bring along some US one dollar bills. Again these folks work hard and they deserve anything extra.
7. The kids club is excellent and the two staff that run it are perhaps the most engaged people at the resort. Alex and Adrianna are outstanding.
8. Lobby has free high speed so it is worth your while to take a laptop and or a skype phone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive luxury in an intimate Caribbean setting, in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Ocean Maya Royale is a luxury all-inclusive beachfront resort in Riviera Maya, in the heart of the Mexican Caribbean. Offering intimate settings and lush tropical landscapes, this Caribbean gem is very close to Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel and Cancun. Relax and enjoy our Despacio Spa, two swimming pools, exclusive south beach section featuring Balinese sun beds, Dive It! Watersports center and our a la carte restaurants, where you can taste the best International cuisine, including our new beachfront La Dolce Vita restaurant. Ocean Maya Royale is exclusively an Adults Only resort, a perfect retreat for couples, honeymooners and any one over the age of 18 looking for a more relaxing and sofisticated Caribbean experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Maya Royale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Maya Royale Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Ocean Maya Hotel
- Ocean Maya Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Maya
- Ocean Maya Royale Mexico/Riviera Maya - Playa Del Carmen