The hotel is beautiful. Woodsy and surrounded by a lush landscape. I went there with my husband and two girls (ages 14 and 11) from August 25th to the 31st. We had a blast. The scenery was gorgeous and the room we had (a standard two beds room) was nice with a beautiful ocean view. We were in building 22 ( I requested that building and they obliged). The pools are as clean as can be and the restaurants are decent--the buffet does get a bit old though. The drinks were delish!! We had three specialty restaurants. We ate a La Hacienda (mexican food) and food was very good as well as their Sangria:) El Pescador was truly scrumptious and Sonora Grill did the job too.
Everyone at the resort is hospitable but they do push the time share part a bit too much--she became quite annoying!
--All of us would LOVE to still be there so hopefully we will return again. it was such a pleasant and relaxing vacation...
Oh and from the airport we used cancun cab. It was only 90 dollars for the 4 of us for roundtrip travel to and from the airport. What a nice company and cheap!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Occidental at Xcaret Destination in Riviera Maya is a perfect combination in a natural setting with preserved cultural landmarks and an all-inclusive resort with a unique array of rooms, services, and state-of-the-art facilities. Choosing among the many possible activities is the most complicated part of a stay at this resort in Playa del Carmen. Swimming with dolphins, attending a Mayan Indian ceremony, enjoying all types of water sports at the beach club or sailing down the beautiful rivers and canals that surround the hotel are just a few highlights. The Xcaret eco-archeological park offers one of the most unique and exciting park, especially for families, by guaranteeing over 40 cultural attractions and expositions on art and traditions in Mexico. However, as people normally say at the hotel: "Do it all...or simply do nothing." Choose from a list of diverse activities such as strolling through the lush gardens at the resort, enjoying the sun while lying on a hammock, or taking a refreshing swim in one of the resort's five pools or private beach. Anti-stress remedies at the resort are endless. Regardless of how you plan each day at the resort, the hotel's choice of culinary selections is designed to satisfy the demands of every kind of guest. With 10 bars, including the one at the club, and 11 restaurants, guests have the freedom to choose a snack, an informal meal, a gourmet feast or a candlelight dinner, among many other options. The key to this resort is balancing between modern facilities and the marvelous Mexican rainforest that is filled with stunning local wildlife. Entertainment, relaxation and nature coexist at the Occidental at Xcaret Destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, TravelUp, Barcelo, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental at Xcaret Destination reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Xcaret Hotel
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Xcaret Grand Occidental
- Occidental Xcaret
- Hotel Xcaret
- Xcaret Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Xcaret Occidental
- Xcaret Hotel
- Grand Occidental Xcaret