A beautiful all inclusive Resort built into the Yucutan Rain Forest that at once is impressive, but can be overpowering in its sheer size! You need a shuttle to get from one side of the resort to the other to enjoy the expansive pools, Waterfall bar, bridges over the swimming area and local trinket shops at poolside. In addition to the main hotel there are 23 other buildings to house the multitude of guests. Although the place was at capacity, it is so large that we never felt the feeling of being crowded!
The food is plentiful at the 3 Buffets but varied in quality. The 4 reservations only restaurants offer Asian- the best, Seafood next best, Mediteranean- so so and Mexican standard fare along with a Pizza shop and Taco Stand.
The man Man made Lagoon makes up for the lack of a sandy coastline and is a bit cramped, but there are levels to allow for beach seating for everyone. You want to got out their early in the AM if you want a prime Palapa at the waters edge!
The crystal clear water is inhabited by many school size local fish who enjoy a daily snack of dinner rolls from the Pescador restaurant above. Swimmers are enthralled in the way these friendly denizens will circle you as you swim among them. If you want peace and quiet, there is an adult only Salt Water Pool at the end of the Jetty that is fed from the waves lapping over the rocks from the Caribbean sea, Cool and Refreshing!!
Service is quite friendly with an Ola or Buenos Dias from pretty much everyone you meet on the staff.
A major benefit is that the resort borders the expansive Xcaret National Park, 48 Hectares, where there are over 50 attractions of both activities, entertainment and Wildlife showcasing the beauty and history of the local natural environment and ancient culture including Ruins, a historic Church and Cemetery, underground river, caves and Mayan Ball Field.
A vacation more for those who crave activity as there are also many local attractions that afford Zip-lining, treks trough the jungle, Snorkel or Scuba diving etc.
All in All a great vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Occidental at Xcaret Destination in Riviera Maya is a perfect combination in a natural setting with preserved cultural landmarks and an all-inclusive resort with a unique array of rooms, services, and state-of-the-art facilities. Choosing among the many possible activities is the most complicated part of a stay at this resort in Playa del Carmen. Swimming with dolphins, attending a Mayan Indian ceremony, enjoying all types of water sports at the beach club or sailing down the beautiful rivers and canals that surround the hotel are just a few highlights. The Xcaret eco-archeological park offers one of the most unique and exciting park, especially for families, by guaranteeing over 40 cultural attractions and expositions on art and traditions in Mexico. However, as people normally say at the hotel: "Do it all...or simply do nothing." Choose from a list of diverse activities such as strolling through the lush gardens at the resort, enjoying the sun while lying on a hammock, or taking a refreshing swim in one of the resort's five pools or private beach. Anti-stress remedies at the resort are endless. Regardless of how you plan each day at the resort, the hotel's choice of culinary selections is designed to satisfy the demands of every kind of guest. With 10 bars, including the one at the club, and 11 restaurants, guests have the freedom to choose a snack, an informal meal, a gourmet feast or a candlelight dinner, among many other options. The key to this resort is balancing between modern facilities and the marvelous Mexican rainforest that is filled with stunning local wildlife. Entertainment, relaxation and nature coexist at the Occidental at Xcaret Destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Barcelo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Occidental at Xcaret Destination reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Xcaret Hotel
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Xcaret Grand Occidental
- Occidental Xcaret
- Hotel Xcaret
- Xcaret Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Xcaret Occidental
- Xcaret Hotel
- Grand Occidental Xcaret