Occidental at Xcaret Destination
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$326
US$258
Barcelo.com
US$605
US$589
  • Breakfast included
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
US$320
US$467
US$227
Melia.com
US$320
US$301
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$413
US$403
  • Breakfast included
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$806
US$702
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$556
US$399
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
US$232
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,434
US$940
Bookit.com
14,504 results
All reviewsroyal clubman made beachfun clubpacos tacosel pescadorsonora grillle buffetfirst clubtime shareseafood restaurantunderground riverbeach buffetfun poolmain buffetswim up bareco parkbeach area
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed in Bldg 19 - 1st floor away from the the pool (cannot recall the room #s) Food was really good. Comfortable beds, low noise. The couples massage at the spa, so worth it!

BE PREPARED: WiFi is NOT included and costs $82/week or something like $20/day. Also, they have an inlet beach but no beach for long walks. One thing they do have is an area where you can basically open-water snorkel near the adults-only area. SO WORTH DOING! In fact, save your money on some of the snorkel excursions because the fish in this little cove are incredible! Go there first before making excursion plans for that type of activity.

Room Tip: We stayed in Bldg 19 - 1st floor away from the the pool (cannot recall the room #s)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Laura W
Itze P, Reputation Management at Occidental at Xcaret Destination, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Greetings from México!,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are always pleased to hear about our guest’s experiences at our property. It is so nice to read such lovely feedback and is very motivating to all the team who do work incredibly hard to make our guests stay memorable.

Regards,

Reviewed 2 September 2014

This hotel is a wonderful hotel however the beach is man made and if you are a beach lover this is not for you.! It is a small cove like beach with 3 man made levels to it. To snorkel in the area is Fantastic. The food, service and amenities are very good. Rooms are large and nice nothing is over the top. Please upgrade to Royal Club it is worth it.

Room Tip: Royal Club upgrade a must
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Yolojeep

Greetings from México!,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed and had fun here in Occidental Grand Xcaret, thank you for such a nice feedback this is very motivating for all our staff,

We hope to host you again!,

Regards,

Reviewed 2 September 2014

This was Our first trip to Mexico and we stayed at Xcaret the area was recommended by a friend, we were not disappointed with the hotel, excellent service and the food was great with a large range and variety of restaurants to choice from we were there with our teenage son and there was plenty of activities and different pools to choose from to suit all ages and even adult only areas if you are looking for a bit quieter over all excellent holiday we enjoyed it so much we booked up for next year on our return home

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark G

Greetings from México!,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed and had fun here in Occidental Grand Xcaret, your feedback is so motivating for our staff, because they are always making an effort to make the guests stay memorable,

We hope to see you soon,

Kind regards

Reviewed 1 September 2014

My husband and I got married at Grand Flamenco Xcaret in May and it was the best decision we ever made. I have been going to Grand Flamenco Xcaret for 13 years, but had never seen a wedding there or knew what it was going to be like. The wedding planner, Luz, was absolutely amazing. She was there every step of the way, every question I had, video chatting with me once a week to calm my fears or make sure everything turned out perfectly. We were so happy with her. Luz is an amazing wedding coordinator - you do not have to think of anything the day of your wedding, just show up! I cannot believe how much she is an asset to anyone who decides to get married at Occidental Grand Xcaret.

The First Club staff was also amazing, MaryCarmen, who is the Manager of the First Club made sure my husband and I had everything we needed, made sure we were always happy, and went above and beyond to constantly make sure we had the honeymoon of our dreams.

The Spa at Xcaret did my hair and makeup. I was THRILLED!!!! My hair was beautiful and I loved my makeup. I was so nervous about doing it somewhere new - I did a trial and I couldn't believe how beautiful I felt.

The food during the wedding was wonderful. The ambiance was great. All my wedding guests were happy and well taken care of. I want to do it again!

If you're thinking of having a destination wedding/honeymoon, I have not one negative thing to say. They made me, my husband and my entire family feel like this hotel was our home away from home. It is why I keep coming back, year after year.

Room Tip: Always ask to be facing the jungle! You will see amazing birds and wildlife (if you like animals!)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Itze P, Reputation Management at Occidental at Xcaret Destination, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2014

Dear Melly0510,

Thank you for your lovely review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your Wedding!

We love each word you sent us; we will share these congratulations to all our staffing even more with our excellent Wedding coordinator. Thank you because you sum up how each and every one of us takes our responsibility, and our genuine desire, to take care of our guests.

We look forward to greeting you at the door again soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2014

I stayed here in May 2013 with 2 other girlfriends. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
The hotel itself was designed beautifully. The rooms and grounds were definitely 5 star. It had plenty of trees and gardens, lots of wildlife wandering around. In the lobby there was a river passing right through that had all these fish swimming around.

The pool was awesome!! It was massive and went all throughout the hotel like a river. The beach was decent but a little bit small for my liking. It's actually in a tiny cove surrounded by cliffs so if you're into long walks on the beach this isn't the place for you. It was very calm so it was safe for children swimming.

The drinks were great as well. The hotel had a lot of name brand alcohols like we have here such as Smirnoff, Jameson, Beefeater...etc and the main beer they served was corona.

The service was excellent. If we called the front desk and needed something for the room they arrived within 5 minutes. Plenty of golf carts circulating frequently to take you where you needed to go as it was a big resort. The bartenders and waiters were great!!

Cons:

The food was pretty terrible, even the Mexican food! If you go to Pacos Tacos, the tacos were half the size of a regular taco with a little dash of guacamole and salsa... The actual Mexican al la carte gave us all food poisoning. The food at the buffet was bland and repetitive. The breakfast was pretty decent though. The Mediterranean and Seafood were not much better. It's safe to say we stayed quite hungry throughout the week.

This resort was advertised to us as a party place for young people but that really wasn't the case. The majority of guests were elderly or were families. The first night we arrived we were the only ones in the disco and it didn't get much busier than that as the week wore on. If you're looking for a party place this isn't it. Go to Cancun instead!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda H

Greetings from México!,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the poor impression you had of the Mexican Restaurant. We shared your experience with our Food & Beverage Manager.

Respectfully,