we have just arrived back from this hotel and we loved it the staff were friendly and service was impecable,the hotel was well maintained and staff worked so hard everyday keeping it clean.the food was lovely my kids always had plenty to choose from and always went back for more the main buffet was always a diffrent theme and the palce and staff would be dressed to suit .you have to make the effort to have breakfast at the beach bar buffet looking over the sea beautiful.thhe pools were great if you want complete peace best not settle at the beach bar as can get pretty rowdy(we has spring breakers when we were there and they were tooooooo loud we decided to move to the beach for a bit of quite and there was 30 or so there to we had them for 2 days and were very glad when they dissapered.the kids club was great the ladies were great with the kids the pool was a god send for my 2 yr old she was allowed to spend as much time as she wanted there my other daughter also loved it and made a few good friends there was lots to do and she went in when she wanted.thet do a show called cats it was fantastic if you have kids let them join in I was so pround.the room was fine we were in building 19 only prob was we had ajoining rooms on the top floor with a buggy and all kids stuff was a bit of a pain but then again it kept us fit.we didnt have much of a view ie pools but we had lovely trees with loads of birds and lizzards to watch and it was peaceful.the room was cleaned to a very high standard and fridge always restocked.xcaret was brill we spent 2 days there we only had to pay 10 dollers for 5 of us to return the show was great the storkling was great well worth a vist give yourself plenty of time!!the beach was better then I thought I had read that it was small but it was bigger than the pics I had seen it was over levels with loads of beds (too many in places)and lots of wonderful swing beds very romantic the sea was lovely loads of fish for the kids to find also join in the vollly ball etc good fun,the train was a godsend at times when really hot.We overall would recomend this hotel the setting was beautiful the way it was all open was lovely (be careful if it rains can be very dodgy) the parrots round the resort were lovely as was all the wildlife we saw.oops forgot don't forget to go to 5th ave lovely we went when it was overcast and the beach was lovely too 10 $ each way they also ahve a walmart which was very handy when we ran out of nappies and baby milk!!!!
if you are due to go her you are so lucky we want to go back we live in england and came home to wet windy cold weather you will enjoy it but don't forget your tipping money!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5-star Occidental at Xcaret Destination in Riviera Maya is a perfect combination in a natural setting with preserved cultural landmarks and an all-inclusive resort with a unique array of rooms, services, and state-of-the-art facilities. Choosing among the many possible activities is the most complicated part of a stay at this resort in Playa del Carmen. Swimming with dolphins, attending a Mayan Indian ceremony, enjoying all types of water sports at the beach club or sailing down the beautiful rivers and canals that surround the hotel are just a few highlights. The Xcaret eco-archeological park offers one of the most unique and exciting park, especially for families, by guaranteeing over 40 cultural attractions and expositions on art and traditions in Mexico. However, as people normally say at the hotel: "Do it all...or simply do nothing." Choose from a list of diverse activities such as strolling through the lush gardens at the resort, enjoying the sun while lying on a hammock, or taking a refreshing swim in one of the resort's five pools or private beach. Anti-stress remedies at the resort are endless. Regardless of how you plan each day at the resort, the hotel's choice of culinary selections is designed to satisfy the demands of every kind of guest. With 10 bars, including the one at the club, and 11 restaurants, guests have the freedom to choose a snack, an informal meal, a gourmet feast or a candlelight dinner, among many other options. The key to this resort is balancing between modern facilities and the marvelous Mexican rainforest that is filled with stunning local wildlife. Entertainment, relaxation and nature coexist at the Occidental at Xcaret Destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Barcelo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Occidental at Xcaret Destination reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Xcaret Hotel
- Occidental Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Grand Flamenco Xcaret
- Xcaret Grand Occidental
- Occidental Xcaret
- Hotel Xcaret
- Xcaret Playa Del Carmen
- Grand Xcaret Occidental
- Xcaret Hotel
- Grand Occidental Xcaret