Hotel Lunata
Panama Jack Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$356
US$235
Bookit.com
  • Pool
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$517
US$320
Agoda.com
US$605
US$589
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$337
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$271
Excellent 5/5
US$1,001
US$536
  • Breakfast included
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$1,474
US$1,080
Excellent 5/5
US$453
US$439
Great 4.5/5
All reviewswhere breakfast is servedgarden viewboutique hotelsmall tvbeautiful hoteldefinitely stay here againhotel entranceking roomferry to cozumelavenoisebeachbalconieslocknightlifehoneymoonpesos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Great little hotel with the nicest staff you could hope for. Right in the middle of 5th ave surrounded with good food and about a block up from the beach. Nice garden to have breakfast in and relax. They provide beach towels at the front desk and you can leave your room key with them so you wont lose it on the beach. The room we stayed in (Pandora) was on the top floor and the balcony had an amazing view. The only reason I couldn't give it a 5 out of 5 is because the best was so thin, hard and uncomfortable. It was also very noisy since it was among all the bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Beautiful hotel, very charming, well appointed. Room was cleaned well, nice hot shower, fridge with affordable snacks. Central air, firm bed. Small TV, all Spanish channels, but Universal and MTV not dubbed just sub-titled and watchable. Wi-fi was sufficient and computer in lobby if necessary (our iphones had no trouble linking to wi-fi, for some reason Kindle and wi-fi camera did not work). Continental breakfast simple but fresh squeezed juice and fresh cut fruit was a nice touch (started at 7:15 AM). Location is awesome, 1 block from beach and a few blocks from bus station and ferry. Customer service was exceptional, and make this hotel special. Now about the noise... I had read all the reviews, was a little nervous so when I booked the hotel asked about it, was told "you close the door, no problem". Well, the first night that was true. The band at the corner finishes around 11 PM, and after that, it was fine. 2nd night, it was like I was at a rave. I complained, told them I would check out and go elsewhere. They managed to move us to a garden view room although the hotel was full (this I did not expect but was pleased). 3rd night was quiet. 4th and 5th nights (Sat and Sun), back at the rave and this time, till 2 and 3 AM. I used white noise on my phone, ear plugs, to no avail. I took sleeping pills. And finally I cried (no joke). I even went and looked for the party, figured if I can't beat them, might as well well join them (I could never tell exactly where it was coming from). The boom from the bass causes a vibration you just can't ignore... 6th night quiet again. So, I acknowledge that maybe just PDC and me don't do well. My husband on the other hand, had no problem with the noise and would go back. So, I'm still giving the hotel 5 stars because they tried very hard to accommodate me, but I just wanted to provide a warning to anyone sensitive to noise...

Room Tip: Garden view is quieter during the day, but I don't think it makes a difference at night after 11 PM. 5th Ave view has 3 doors, garden view has 2 doors, so they become equivalent.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2013

What a great Boutique Hotel,. Loved the location and will definitely be a return guest, The Customer Service was fantastic! Thank you so much Erica and Fabiola for making my 17 days at Hotel Lunata memorable. My room was on the 5th and I would take that room again if offered. On my 14th night I decided to stay a few nights more and switched my room to a Jr Suite with garden view. Again they could not have been more accommodating. Room was equally impressive and well appointed. If you are a spoiled American Tourist then Lunata is NOT for you (as you would probably find fault with the Ritz Carlton Hotel in New York). If you prefer to wear a wristband and have every possible amenity and be secluded from the atmosphere and excitement of the 5th Avenue then Lunata is not for you. However, if you are looking for a great hotel location in the heart of Playa's 5th Ave with economical prices, great atmosphere and comfortable well appointed rooms then this is the place you are looking for. No pool, no spa, however the beach is a mere 5 minutes walk. Hotel gives discount cards to 2 of the most popular Beach Clubs Zenzi and my favorite Fusion, where the service and staff were equally as friendly. I have stayed at other Boutique Hotels in Playa and they could not match the feeling i enjoyed so much at Hotel Lunata. Take in the sights and sounds of the 5th, they are memories you will sure to cherish. Again my thanks to the ALL the staff who made my 17 days in Playa the best I have experienced!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Botany99
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Fantastic location - our room was directly on 5th, but double doors kept the late night noises out and we had a pleasurable stay. One of my goals this year was to explor new places to stay in Playa and my wife and I were very pleased. The staff at the hotel could not have been any nicer. I was looking for unique and a great location and found them both here. We will return again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We stayed at hotel lunata with the archeological package - 4 tours. It is best to buy the tours yourself as the price got the hotel for what you get is extremely overpriced. There is no pool, the garden gives you mosquito bites and the beach house they're affiliated with us not clean. Then at night you can't help but hear the merriment and loud music outside until the wee hours of the morning. Beware the Chichen Itza tour from the hotel that starts at 7:40am and finishes at 9pm. The package states 4 tours but really you get two, which was good as it is a fair way away.
That was $180 per night. If you book Expedia, you can get a room at the Palm at Plays for $120 or rock up and get a basic room for $169 - it is plush with rooftop pools, dj and bar. Or if you're after something quaint, hotel Quinta Del Solis positively lovely with gone touches, pool and jacuzzi for $94 a night. Plus, the beach house they're affiliated with is mamasitas which is arguably the best in playa.
The service at lunata though is fantastic. If you get Erica during your stay, you'll be in good hands.
Oh, lastly, their Wifi is very very poor, you might as well go to Starbucks to purchase a drink and Internet time.

• Stayed: February 2013